WHAT THE HELL THEY WANT

How to avoid being harassed by a question-answer session?
Simple, skip the class Or be late.

That's what I did. I pretended to be asleep in the morning and told Koshi that I might skip the class, so she should not wait for me. But being a restless spirit, I couldn't stick to my plan of skipping the class. I hurriedly took a shower and slipped on a decent attire. In the hallway, in front of my room, I bumped into Mahria.

"Good morning. Are you going to class? " , I asked as I locked my room.

"Yeah, why are you alone? Where's Koshi and Sam? " She asked.

"I woke up late. So, they are gone. Where's Shweta? ", I gave her a questioning look.

" Her roommate wanted to go early today. So,they left. Let's join the club 'late comers'. ", she showed her dimples.

" Ye..ah, let's go. ", I wondered how it will feel like to be a late comer and a backbencher. I know how a backbencher feels because I was always the one whether we talk about in high school or my coaching days.

You got to make beautiful remarks about the teacher's gibberish. You can observe every single bird that the education system has locked in a cage naming it a classroom. You can see the failed attempts of kids to eat their snacks when the teacher's back is facing them, kids making fun of each other, throwing paper balls, the cute little flirting between nibba and nibbis , the front benchers actively participating in the conversation over 'how to save the earth from aliens' and most important ones who are helping to maintain peace in this noisy environment, the one who are asleep with their mouth open and snoring lightly.

"So, tell me something about arterial tone. ", The annoying professor's voice entered into my ears as soon as I stepped my foot into the classroom.

I was almost 15 minutes late and he was still discussing about the last lecture. But to my relief that was the last question he asked and then moved on with a new topic. I was dancing in my head that I escaped his wolf eyes.

The lecture was about to end and I can't be more happy. I was about to throw the backpack over my shoulder and ready to leave the class before the devil called for another discussion round. Ugh...Is he bored or something?Then dude go and enjoy with your friends. Why is he making our lives miserable? Didn't he know some of us were deliberately late? He knew it that's why he is doing this.

"Roll no. 52", His shrieking voice brought me out of my trance.

A petite figure with large glasses stood up and answered the whatever question he asked.

" Roll no. 62 . ", he called out for another poor thing. But that one was absent. By his pattern next target would be 72 ,then 82 , so I could relax.

" Roll no. 42, Mahira", He suddenly took a u turn. Relax Thea, relax.

Mahira answered the first question he asked but he bombarded another one. As she was answering, he made his way towards her desk and stood in front of her. Come on, man. Why is he behaving like that? We got it,you are a bit out of your mind. But don't make it too obvious...

"Roll no. 44,Thea.", yeah, that's my turn. I'm doomed.

" What is healthy vagal tone? ", He asked.

You are vagal tone. But abnormal one, increasing my anger and frustration ruining my peaceful mind that my poor vagus nerve is trying to maintain. I wish I can answer like that, but no, I have to behave.

I answered his question as best as I can without lashing out or rolling my eyes. I don't know why he is so annoying and.... All I wish that I could kill him.