CRAZINESS IN THE AIR

I was sitting in the graveyard,surrounded by the cries and mourning over a death of our beloved batchmate. About six boys carrying a body while others were chanting 'Ram naam satya hai'. It was too heart wrenching to see all of this nonsense.

On the other side, there were bunch of crows making noise that was more disturbing than the mourning people.
I thought this was hilarious. Or may be, it was supposed to be funny?

Confused?

I wasn't in an actual graveyard but in the auditorium and my seniors thought it would be fun if there will be play in which a person dies and others will perform his funeral. So, here are my idiot batchmates who were carrying a person on their shoulder and mourning loudly like how he was not supposed to die in a young age with fake cries. To give it a touch of perfection, some guys decided to be crows and make us deaf.

To be honest, they were the worst crows I have ever seen. Poor crow, that was feeling insulted because of these dumb heads.

After his respectful funeral, we all settled down for another adventure. Today, our beloved "bhais and didis" wanted us to enjoy beyond our limits.

According to the ritual, today is the movie day. Everyone settled down after hearing some cursing words by our bhais.

Someone switched off the lights to create perfect theatre ambience. Soon the movie started "SONU KE TITU KI SWEETY", the whole room filled with hootings of the boys and squeaky girly sounds.

Both the lead characters were hot with sharp facial features and well built physique. I like the movies with lady villain. Well, in this movie she wasn't a villain to be precise but more like a manipulating young lady with hidden desire to be a boss bitch.

In the end, as per the rule, Bros before hoes played an important role to bring up a twist in the storyline. Our hero left the witch on the spot and chose his best friend. Why does every boy see his girlfriend as a hoe when it comes to his best friend? It's just disrespectful.

The end.

The movie was 'okay' but the interval was fun.

During the interval, a voice roared -" Ae first year's, stage. "

It was a code word for the boys to entertain the crowd. It was so much fun to watch them. The music was on its full blast.One or two boys were flaunting their dance moves while others were just hiding behind one another.
They started dancing in a couple of rows as arranged by bhais. But slowly they gathered to form a moving circle then that circle turned into a hiding race between them.

Are they shy? Or worried about their impression in eyes of their crushes? Or are they uninterested?

God knows or these jumping maniacs.

A boy who was about to crack his neck because of too much shaking suddenly realized that he was the centre of attraction. He was so lost in cracking his neck to realize his position. It took two seconds to sink the reality in his head. He felt exposed. His facial expressions mimicked horror ,with dilated eyes and slightly freezed body.

In dim lights, I couldn't figure out whether he was flushed or not. In order to make his situation less awkward, he shifted his weight on right leg ,then left, again right. With small jumps and little pushing, he mingled in the crowd. He must have felt a flood of relief.

I thought that every second person was feeling the same way. Relaxed,made some moves, exposed, hide and repeat.

No one was watching those two boys who were dancing like a pro. It was boring. Everyone was interested in this hide and seek game.

Some senior boys also joined them and started their 'chapri dance'. Some were separating the boys so that everyone can gain some attention.

One thing I noticed today is that boys curse alot.

If they are happy, they curse.
If they are sad, they curse.
If they are excited, they curse.
If they are angry, then obviously they will curse.

That show was only for 10 minutes and we were more than disappointed. Girls requested the Seniors to give them a chance to dance. They agreed after having some secret chit chat within themselves.

Koshi and Saniya were over the moon, I had a little adrenaline rush and Sam was with her neutral face.
As soon as the music blared, Koshi dragged me to the stage. I was reluctant to go, so she moved ahead with Saniya and Sam. Other two or three girls were ready to dance with them ,being under the spotlight. A popular haryanvi song was played on the stereo. I observed everyone feeling free and swaying their hips naturally. I was standing by the wall and soon another figure joined me, Mahira.

"Don't want to dance, hn? " I asked.

" No one wants to see a monkey jumping through the Hall. " She smiled.

"I respectfully disagree. Everyone will be more then happy to witness. " She laughed at my comment.

The fun was for forty seconds and then a prayer reached our ears.

"Oh, that's why they agreed. They played this bhajan purposefully. " I said.

" Should we clap? I think they want some spiritual vibes. So, we should play along with it. " She suggested.

"Sure, why not? " We both started clapping. It was not that bad.Rest of the girls were dancing in a circle, but got bored after one or two minutes.

As we were about to settle back in our
seats, they decided to play some Bollywood song. The girls again rushed to the stage and exactly when they occupied the podium, a bhajan in their native language was deafening us.

Wow, this was hell irritating.

Thank god, me and Mahira didn't move an inch. We were spared this time of embarrassment.

Girls being girls, stomped their feet, made stupid, trying to be cute faces with poutes and huffed but somehow settled down again.

After a piece of advice to maintain minimum decorum, we were off the hook atleast for today.

After reaching the dorm, I was too tired to move an inch but managed to shower. Unwillingly, I took my plate and made my way to hostel mess. It was surely a 'mess'. Soon, Mahira with Shweta, leading her way, joined me on the dinner table.

" So, how you enjoyed today's satsang? " Shweta asked.

"It was good but I have seen better. " I chuckled.

She continued about the college and her progress till date with her roommate and other friends. If I wasn't wrong, I heard her saying something about the tall guy, Kevin.

"She got a crush on him. " I suspected.

" On whom? " Mahira wiggled her eyebrows.

"Kevin, the tall guy. " I said.

"Yeah, that's what I guess. " She replied.

We finished our food and headed to our respective rooms.

I noticed that there were two missed calls from Amaan. But I decided to call him early in the morning. I was too tired.

After a very long time, I woke up in same position I slept last night. That was surely a beauty sleep.

It was still early in the morning, so I put my earphones on. I reached the terrace singing along with the sweet voice of 'Amrinder Gill. '

My ringtone cut this peaceful session. I checked the caller id. Oh fudge, I didn't even leave a message last night.

My phone's screen was flashing Amaan's name. I picked up without thinking twice.

"Hi".

I lost both my energy and interest during this week but still a small update for all of you.

Stay safe and healthy.

Love,love ❤.