58.| ᴛʜᴜʀꜱᴅᴀʏ, ᴊᴜʟʏ 22, 2030 [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT.
[58]. Thursday, July 22, 2030.
[PART ONE]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴡᴀɴᴅᴀ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴡᴀɴᴅᴀ ɪɴ
ʏᴏᴜ. ❞
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2030. The day everything would go down. The day of the conference. The day it would be the Avengers V. The Scarlet Witch V. The United States government. The day of the war. The day of chaos. Bloodshed. Heartbreak. This was the day you truly would expect the unexpected. But James and Natasha were the ones who had been worrying the most.

"Dad... please, just stay home," Natasha begs.

The group had been getting ready, everyone was suiting up, gathering weapons, going over the plan. Natasha and James on the other hand were now in the meeting room waiting for the others.

James sighs. "Princess, I have to. Come on, you know this has to be done. I don't want to fight against everyone either b—"

"Then don't. Stay. Call the whole thing off—"

"—I can't do that to Wanda," James interjects. "I know you're mad at her, and you probably hate her for what she's doing. But she's still your mother, and although what she's doing is wrong, her reasoning and her intentions, it's all for us. She loves you, she cares for you. You have to give her a chance when this is all over. You just have to."

Natasha frowns, she shakes her head. "I'm not ready to say goodbye to you..."

"Don't let it be a goodbye then, think of it as... a see you soon," James replies, he smiles. "Taking this darkness out of Wanda and into myself... it's how I save you. It's how Billy and Tommy could grow up to get the lives they deserve. It's how you and Kate could finally be happy. How all of you could finally be happy. I may not end up being here physically by tonight... but I'll always be in here." he points at her heart. "I see myself in you. You remind me of me when I was younger. But I also see more of Wanda in you. You fight for what you love, you don't give up easily, you have a big heart that you're afraid to show, you love hard. You're our daughter, our heir, you're our heart. You're my heart..."

They stand there for a moment. Natasha is trying her best to accept what was going to happen, but she couldn't. She couldn't watch her father die again because of some book her selfish mother couldn't let go of. She hated Wanda. She hated her Dad for coming to terms with his death. She hated that he wasn't hesitant to risk his life for the safety of others.