56.| ᴅᴇᴊᴀ ᴠÚ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX.
   [56]. Deja Vú.
   [PART TWO]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘꜱʏᴄʜɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴇɴᴛɪᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ? ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘꜱʏᴄʜɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ
ꜱᴇɴᴛɪᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ? ❞
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THERE WAS ONLY ONE more person that James truly needed on his team. He knew that she'd automatically agree, that's just how things worked between them. It was toxic but nice. Vision was back with Tony and the others, so James only had to make one more stop.

It was pretty risky, but he had to do what he had to do.

The man pulls up to the S.H.I.E.L.D. base. He hasn't been there in forever, it felt weird being back without his dad truth be told. James gets out of the car, he then shuts the door before making his way inside of the building.

He walks through the doors and towards the front desk.

"Rogers! It's good to have you back." Fury approaches the man smiling, he pulls him into a quick hug.

James was taken off guard, he awkwardly hugs the man back. "Uh, since when were you psychically sentimental?"

"Since I heard you rose from the dead," Fury says as he pulls away. "How are you? How are the kids? What are you even doing here?"

James sighs. "Well one: I could be better. Two: they are doing pretty good considering the circumstances of what's going on right now. And three: I'm here for an old...accomplice?"

Maria joins the conversation, her brows furrow as she approaches the two men. "What do you mean considering the circumstances? What's going on?"

James smirks. "Hello, Maria."

Maria chuckled lightly. "Hi, James. How are you doing?"

"Amazing, you know my wife has ahold of some ancient evil book," James explains. "I'm sure you know about it, I mean there are signs all around town saying she's wanted."

Both Maria and Fury share a look. They did know but they didn't want to bring it up until James did. Which he did.

"If Wanda is out there, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm looking for someone." James holds up a picture. "I got Agent Carter her job back here, she owes me. I was wondering if she was here."

Fury nods. "She's in the monitor room."

"Thank you," James says as he walks away.

"Hey, James." Fury stops him, he sighs. "If there's anything you need, let us know, Cap."