00.| ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .PROLOGUE.
   [00]. E.D.I.T.H.
   [PART ONE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ᴄᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ꜱʟᴀᴄᴋ, ᴋɪᴅ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ᴄᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ꜱʟᴀᴄᴋ,
ᴋɪᴅ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

IT HAS BEEN 2 weeks since the United States lost its hero— since we've lost Captain America. Since I've lost my father. My name is Natasha Pietra Rogers. I'm named after my grandmother, known as Natasha Romanoff— or black widow. My middle name is quite related to my uncle's name who passed away over 15 years ago— his name was Pietro. If it wasn't obvious I'm the daughter of James and Wanda Rogers. I've got two brothers named Billy and Tommy— they're a pain in the ass.

Since dad's passing things have been hard— not only for me but, Uncle Bucky and mom have been having a hard time dealing with it. My father was my best friend. His death— it was traumatic. Even the world is grieving.

Mom hasn't been the same since Dad's death, but she acts as if nothing has happened. She lost her husband yet she doesn't seem to care. And she just expects me to be the same—

"Natasha! Billy! Come down!"

You guessed it. That was mom calling me and Bil downstairs. I sigh before closing my notebook and walk out of the lab. I made my way downstairs. Mom and Tommy were sitting at the dinner table having breakfast.

"Good morning." Mom smiles, right before she walks over and kisses both me and Billy on the heads.

I quietly say it back before walking towards the table and grabbing an apple.

"Hey, so I've got to go meet with Clint to arrange the funeral." Mom softly says, she looks me straight in the eyes. "Meaning I won't be here after school. So I'm going to need you to watch your brother."

"But I've got to work on—"

"You rushed into adulthood, so this is what you get in return."

I scoff at her words.

But she didn't lie— wherever I was with my brothers, it was dark and cold. My powers were out of control, so I aged. Now I'm 21 while my brothers are still nine.

"I love you, Natty, behave," Mom tells me, right before she kisses me on the head and begins to walk away.

I slightly cringe at the name. "I told you to stop calling me that."

Mom laughs. "I will never stop calling you that. So you're just gonna have to get used to it." she scrunches up her nose at the last word she says.