52.| 2023 [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO.
   [52]. 2023.
   [PART TWO]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ
ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ. ❞
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THERE WAS LITERALLY NO break for the Rogers family. Wanda having this book was a bigger deal than James thought it would be. Not only was Strange after it but now all of the government was after it as well? James was now with Strange, while the others stayed in the compound.

"So what the hell are we going to do?" Sam questions, he reads the files that Strange gave James about the darkhold.

Tony shrugs. "Not sure. We just need to wait for James to get back— oh shit..." he huffs.

Worst timing possible, Wanda walks into the living room. "Wait until James gets back from where?"

Romanoff looks up at Tony along with the rest of the team. Jace, Natasha, Kate, and Jessica stood behind Wanda as well. They had all been just as confused.

Tony clears his throat. "Oh- um, he went on another mission. You know, simple recon and whatnot."

Natasha hums. "I was wondering why dad left so early. He was supposed to take me to the mall."

Jace narrows his eyes. "Can't you drive?"

"Can't you shut up?" Natasha huffs, she walks to the table to take a seat. She looks around. "Has anyone seen Peter?"

Meanwhile, in Westview.

Why the hell were they in Westview you might wonder? Well, apparently the book was never in Strange's basement. But instead, it was in Agatha's.

Bright idea, right?

"I can't believe this entire time it wasn't in your fucking basement," James says, he slams the car door shut.

Strange rolls his eyes, he slams the door too. "Why would I tell you it's in the basement and actually have it there? That's dumb."

"You know what's dumb? You."

"You know, I know I'm supposed to keep you alive, but nothing is stopping me from throwing you through a damn window." Strange snarks, he walks beside the man.

They both glance at each other before rolling their eyes. Now at the front door, they realize it was slightly opened. Once again they share a look, but this time it was a confused one.