11

It's been weeks since I talked to Mark. We have been avoiding each other everything we crossed paths. It was better this way.

As I entering one of the callrooms to get coffee could you guess who was there? Yes you guessed right
Mark

" What are you doing here? " I asked avoiding his eyes as I got my coffee cup in my hand.

" Just got a short break after being in a OR for two hours " he replied.

This was just so awkward for me to handle. " Well that's nice " I said before going to the door. Before I could open the door Mark dragged me back by my wrist making me fall on his chest before stepping away.

" Okay?! What is it, Sloan? Are you sad because Addi went back to Derek? " I said harsh. I was feed up by this crap.

" Oh cut this crap, Hailey! " he yelled making me flinch back a little. " You really think I was thinking about Addison all these weeks? Well guess what, Hailey. She ended things with me the day you to went back being best friends again! " he said harsh.

I still didn't buy any of it. Yes I was still mad at him for not telling me. I huffed before walking out the door with the coffee cup in my hand.

And as I passed the interns Meredith and George I smiled before George started to talk as I went passed them. " You know Mark Sloan kept talking about you in the OR. " he said making me stop walking. What?

" Yeah so? " I replied which was a rudely response I'm not gonna lie. Meredith gave me a little smile before talking. " Yeah it's true. McSteamy did indeed talk about you ALL THE TIME in the OR. " she said and laughed. I was happy she didn't look sad anymore as she did these passed few weeks.

Derek and Addison lived in Dereks trailer which Addison didn't enjoy and which also made me laugh at her complaining about it to me.

" Talking about me or not. I'm still mad at him. " I said and began walking again. George and Meredith chuckled as I walked away.

***
I was with working with Addison and Alex for the day. Alex was Addisons intern so I was happy it was just the three of us.

Our patient was a pregnant woman who was over due her date and was gonna give birth soon. " Do you think it's gonna be fine?? " the woman asked me worried. I smiled at her and took her hand.
" Everything is gonna be alright, ma'm " I said and smiled at her.
Addison was checking on the baby making sure it was healthy and that it wasn't any issue while Alex and I were calming down the pregnant woman.
The baby looked healthy and the woman stopped worrying.

As I walking out of the patients room because Dr Bailey paged me Alex stopped me. " Zhou Hailey! Do you wanna maybe grab dinner after this? " he asked me.
I liked Alex. But not in that way. I liked him in a friendly way.
" Yeah, I was thinking to invite you, Meredith, George, Izzie, Christina and you over to my apartment for dinner at the weekend iff that's okay? " I said with a bright smile on my face.

Alex smiled at my response. " Yeah sure...That sounds nice. " he said and walked off.

** A few hours later I was looking out of the hospital on the crossing bridge. This was my favorite spot of the hospital. I went here when I was upset or just needed some peace.

" I've looked everywhere for you. " Derek said as he leaned over the fence beside me.
" Well aren't you a busy working husband these days. " I chuckled and looked over at him.

It was true. Over the passed few weeks me and Derek haven't spoken a word with each other since we had so mutch work to do. We didn't have so much to speaking to each other than smiling iff we crossed paths.

" Sorry for being so distant lately. " he apologised. He gave me an apologetic smile and I accepted his apology.

" Apology accepted. Plus there is nothing really to forgive in this situation. " I said and laughed it off.
A few minutes later I saw Mark coming his way over to us.

" Oh no..." I said with a little disbelief in my voice.
" What is it? " Derek asked me in curiosity.
He turned around and also saw that Mark was on his way over to us.

" Hailey can I speak with you. " Mark said and crossed his arms looking like he wanted to make up for lying to me.

" Let me think about it....NO " I said.
As Mark was trying to walk closer Derek stood infront of me like an protective brother he is.

" Don't come near her! " he yelled at him.
" She doesn't wanna talk to you so accept it! "

Mark gave up and glanced at me one more time before disappearing. And just as Derek turned around to face me. I was gone.

***
I made my way into the bathroom breathing heavily. I was panicking. I broke down on the bathroom floor crying just as Meredith walked in.
She didn't say anything. She just sat down with me and tried to calm me down. " It's okay. I'm right here. It's okay! " she said as she hugged me.

Meredith helped me out of the bathroom and wanted me to go to one of the call rooms so she could check on me.
Just as we walked I saw Mark again.
Just as we passed I ran up to him and hugged him. Yeah I know. Weird isn't it?

I began crying again as I breathed heavily. Mark was stunned by my action but put his arms around me to comfort me.

" I'm sorry.....I'm sorry...." was all he said.