3

It was time for me to stop ignoring him and listen to what he have to say. I can't keep go on like this. Me and Mark sat on a bench in awkward silence. " Okay, Shoot. You have your shot so explain to me why you choosed to hurt Derek " I said a little irritated. Mark took a deep breath before answering. " I never wanted to hurt him or ruin his marriage- ".
" But you did " I cut him off.
" Yeah I did. And I'm not proud of it aswell. " Mark continued. " I still can't believe you and Addison did it. I will never forget his face after he walked down those stairs. " I said as a tear escaped my eyes.
Mark put his arm around shoulders trying comfort me. " I didn't just came here for the job Richard offered me...I did came here for Addison aswell. " he said awkwardly. I flew up from the bench looking at him in disgust. " You got to be kidding me right?! " I asked. " Mark! They are still married! You hurt Derek enough already. Iff you want him to forgive you then stop run after Addison like a lost dog! ".
I saw that Mark regretted as he said it.

I say down again. Trying to calm down and reminded myself that there is always two sides of the story. " I love Addison, okay Hailey? After Derek left, we were still together for months.." he explained. " I haven't loved someone as I love Addi ".

" Hailey, I didn't wanna hurt you aswell. You are one of the most important thing in the world to me. You were my best friend. " Mark said smiling at me. I couldn't be mad at him forever. And in that moment all the anger went away. " And you were mine, Mark. " I said as I leaned in and hugged him. I missed him. I missed him so mutch. The feeling of talking to him and him cheering me up.
" I should go. It's getting late.." I said pulling away. " Do you have anywhere to stay or? ".
Mark shook his head at me. " I checked into a hotel, I'll be fine Hailey. " he said making me smile.

We said good bye to each other and went separate ways. I walked outside and called an Uber to drive me to the apartment I rented.
* WARNING! Mentioned on assault *
I stood there waiting as the rain started to pour from the sky. Until an unkwown man approached me. " Hey there, young lady. Trying to find your way home? " he said winking at me. Uncomfortable I rolled my eyes and said " None of your business ". He walked closer towards me. " I have my car parked right over there. I can drive you home iff you want, darling. " he flirted.

I felt sick to my stomach. " Sir I said no. No means no plus I called an Uber. " I said harsh. I could see in the mans face he began to be annoyed and grabbed my arm harsh. " Let me take you home " he said once again. I tried to pull out of his grip but didn't work out. " GET OFF OF ME PLEASE. I SAID NO! " I said in panic.  Before I could react his fist hit my cheek making everything go black.

I woke up in a hotel room not knowing were I was. I sat up from the bed I was in and scanned the room. My clothes were on a chair. My eyes widened and then scanned my body. I could calm down. My underwear and bra were still on but I was in someone else's shirt. Memories came rushing trough my head. I then started to panic really hard. I couldn't breath. The bathroom door swung up and revealed Mark. He was in his pjs and looked at me nervous before rushing to my side.

" Hailey! Please calm down. It's just me okay? I took you here after you blacked out from that guy hitting you. Take a deep breath " he said calmly.
I breathed in and then out before I let Mark explain how I ended up in the hotel room.

* MENTIONED OF ASSAULT AGAIN SO IFF YOH LIKE YOU COULD SKIP TO THE NEXT CHAPTER *
* Marks POV from the other night *
I was in the changing room changing out of my doctor uniform and into my regular clothes and began to walk to doors out to the parking lot. Once I got out of the hospital the rain was pouring. Great. Just what I needed right now. I began to walk but stopped as I saw Hailey with an unknown man. She looked uncomfortable as she looked down to the ground. I stood watching them until I saw the man getting closer and gripped her arm.

I could see him trying to push her inside of his car but I could see Hailey trying to pull away as she was screaming. I began to ran to the scene before I saw him threw a punch to her head. Making her fall backwards and become silent. I ran over as fast as I could and I could see he tried to get on top of her but I flew towards him punching him in the face repeatedly. " Touch her ever again and you'll wish you'd never spoken to her! " I threatened him. He nodded fast ran over to his car and drove off. I made sure he was gone before turning to Hailey to help her away from the scene. I didn't know were she stayed so I took her to my hotel room.