! 19 !

natalia pov

he was beating up mattia.

not once in my 16 years of life have i ever seen antonio mad at mattia.

"antonio!" i yelled pulling on his shoulders to try and push him back but he was too strong.

i looked around the ballroom. i saw everyones eyes on them and a few gasps were coming from their mouths. almost everyone was watching my brother beat up mattia.

gaurds rushed to take antonio off of mattia, who was on the floor passed out.

"that's for taking my sisters virginity!" he yelled as the guards were taking him outside.

everyone was silent.

i could already feel the guilt and shame i had brought onto myself. i looked at kairi and he was already walking out of the doors.

i didn't know what to do, mattia was passed out and kairi probably hated me.

my hands found themselves picking up mattia's arm and wrapping it around me. i heard my dad running towards mattia's body, his arms carried his waist.

his mom ran over to mattia and helped to pick him up. i looked at both of them and smiled at them, i think they knew.

they smiled back and helped carry mattia to his room. the table was ruined but that was the least of our worries right now.

mattia's mom opened his door and we placed him down on the bed. his mom got a first aid kit and some other medical supplies as my dad and i watched.

he hugged me tight and kissed my forehead, "i'm so sorry lia." i furrowed my eyebrows.

why was he saying sorry?

i just nodded and took his sympathy.

"you should probably find that boy that was supposed to be your date for tonight." his mom said. "i'm okay, i don't think we were going to end up anywhere anyways." i shrug sitting on the bed of his bed.

"is it weird i'm glad you and him had sex?" my father asked. "i feel the exact way, in fact i only got you condoms because i knew it was just for you and mattia." his mother winked as she applied some liquid stuff.

"now they can't get married." my dad jumped around like he was 5. his mother laughed historically, liking how my father thought.

the rest of the time mattia was passed out his mom was taking care of him. she placed his feet up on two pillows to get blood flowing to his brain and i sat next to him holding his hand.

after 7 minutes of being out he woke up, "drink some water." his mom shoved a glass of water in his face making me giggle.

he drank the water than sat up and looked around, "what happened?" his mother and my father chuckled then left the room.

"so.." he questioned. "um.. well.. my brother kinda attacked you and then told everyone you took my virginity." i say.

he just chuckled, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear and then kissed my cheek, "i provoked him yesterday morning."

i just stared at him like he was crazy waiting for him to respond, "he asked if we liked each other and then said some stupid shit then i talked back to him. he didn't like that i talked back to him so he threw me against a wall and said some more stupid shit."

"what stupid shit are you referring to?" i ask. "he- uh.. said that we shouldn't be together because he thinks i'm just like the guys from school that want to get into your pants." he hesitated before speaking.

"well i don't think you are." i cupped his face in my hands. his face softened and the tips of my fingers. he wrapped his hand around mine and let me rub his cheek with my thumb.

we stared at each other for what seemed like forever. our eyes just dawning at each other. his eyes weren't lustful for the first time. in fact his pupils looked almost dilated.

his lips parted in disbelief of what was happening. he grabbed my jawline and pulled me in for a kiss but we were stopped.

of course nothing goes our way.

it was my mother.

for fucking sake i just want a break.

"you two are forbidden to date!" she yelled, running towards us. "natalia you will be sent to an all girls bording school in new york! you will be leaving tonight! there's no-." just as she was on the verge of breaking my entire heart his father yelled. loudly.

"let them love!" his words echoed through everyones head. "let them love? are you insane? they aren't even 17 yet! natalia doesn't know the first thing about love! besides she's a slut!" her words completely broke me.

i broke down. crashing into mattia's arms and letting everyone watch.

luca, my parents, and his parents.

"losing her virginity at 16 to her soon-to-be-brother is a different kind of slut. i'm ashamed to be your mother." as she let that last sentence slip out, she earned a hot and fast slap from his mother.

"you're a terrible human being. you do not deserve anyone in your life right now." mrs. polibio was more than tired of her.

"i don't care what any of you have to say, she's a slut and she is going to bording school." she stormed out of the room leaving everyone to look at me.

my eye make-up ruined, my foundation and concealer left trails of my tears, and gasping for air as i cried with everything in me.

all in mattia's arms.

mattia pov

all in my arms.

"don't worry, i won't let her take you anywhere." my father's words were a lot like mine. he walked out of the room jittery, as my mother and her father stood there bewildered.

i had thought about the people downstairs then i had thought about my friends lastly i looked down at the poor girls face in my chest.

she deserves a break. she's been through so much in the past 4 hours alone.

"we're going to leave you two alone, and natalia trust me, nothing's going to happen." her father transferred his gaze from where her mother was standing to his daughter.

she had calmed down at the comforting words that were being said. she nodded at her father while they walked out of the room, shutting the door leaving her and i alone.

she turned her head up at me and gave me a weak smile. i gave her a strong smile back as i brushed her hair back with my fingers.

"i'll forever hate myself for how much i want to be with you." she spoke softly, letting her eyes identify my facial expression.

"and why is that?" i furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"because we're not supposed to be together." her words cut deep into my mind.