! 18 ¡

natalia pov

"i've always wanted a daughter for this exact reason. your mom doesn't deserve you." mrs. polibio looked at me through their mirror. her smile beamed so bright, it was like she was my mom.

"i love you so much." i turned around to face her and she engulfed me with her arms once she saw tear forming. "i love you too." she laughed, sniffling her nose.

tears were finally falling of joy.

i saw mr. polibio standing at the door looking at the love his life. his look was more than an i love you. he wanted her, he wanted to kiss her, he wanted everything to do with her.

yet he did none of that.

"i haven't been in your make-up room since we were married." his eyes scanned the area to see a giant chandelier, mirrors on each wall, the giant vanity with a huge amount of make-up, and lastly a bunch of decorations.

"and it'll continue to be that way, stay out." she pushed his chest back with her hand. he looked hurt but he obeyed her.

"i'm going to go and grab my dress." i give them a smile as i walk out. they both just stand there staring at each other, i was going to let them have their moment.

he clearly still loves her. i just don't get why he acts like he doesn't.

i look around the living room. they had moved some stuff to make more room for the dance floor. they had also hired some bartenders and other workers for the ball.

we had 30 minutes til the ball started and over 300 people were attending. they had a ginormous house but they kept who they let in limited. they didn't brag about their money but everyone knew they were rich.

i went down the right staircase seeing that mattia was sitting on the left. i quickly walked to the huge gap between the stairs and picked up my dress that was hanging on a clothing rack.

the tag was still on it so i decided to look at it seeing as i didn't look at while we were at juniors.

"1975.99?" i whisper-yelled. i quickly ran back up the stairs and to the make-up room. "is everything okay?" mr. polibio asked me. "you should've told me to put this back! this is almost 2 thousand dollars!" i astonishingly pull up the tag.

"we didn't pay for your dress." mrs. polibio chuckles. "then who did?" i ask confused. "just be thankful someone paid that much." she smiles not letting mr. polibio talk.

"but-." she cut me off. "put it on you'll look gorgeous." she waved me off. i sighed and went to the basement to put on my dress, lotion, and perfume.

[ 35 minutes later ]

after struggling to get the dress on and having to be in weird positions to put on lotion i'm finally done getting ready for the ball.

i was 5 minutes late but who's going to notice?

i walk up the stairs of the basement and see mattia's eyes already on me. he walked over to me as fast he could and said, "no way kairi is the guy that's going to take that dress off of you tonight."

he looked overwhelmingly attractive. his suit was all black, his dress shirt had one button undone, and he didn't even bother to button up his black blazer.

his hands slowly make their way to my waist and his eyes lay on mine not daring to leave once, "who knows who i let take it off of me tonight." i give him a smug smile.

"also do you have a date?" i ask making him smile. "no dumbass, i was just curious." i say letting my eyes off of hus. "if you're so curious about if i have date you should meet her." my eyes stare dead at him as he says "meet her."