! 4 ¡

natalia pov

i wake up on this wonderful wednesday morning totally not prepared for whats about to happen today.

i look at the time on my phone and see the four letters screaming at my face.

10:28

10:28! WHY DIDN'T MY PARENTS WAKE ME UP. SCHOOL STARTED TWO HOURS AGO!

atleast i got the extra sleep i needed. there had to be a reason why my parents didn't wake me up, and then it hit me. 

today's the day where all the highest reviwed italian restaurants in new jersey go to this ginormous manison in north jersey to get ranked by a very harsh food critic named Giovanni Leonardo Dé Riccardo.

whoever is ranked the highest gets to place their restaurant all over the world.

pretty cool huh? you wanna know what's not gonna be cool?

mattia.

mattia polibio and his dirty mouth. his brother makes up for it though, gianluca my personal favorite brother.

you may ask why mattia and i haven't really started talking to each other since a few days ago, and i have answer to your question.

mattia and i never really made interactions with each other and that's because our parents wanted us together. i tried to become friends with him while we had a playdate while we were 3 but it never really worked out.

he punched me right in the stomach and said "i hate you! you're all my mom talks about. she's wants us to be friends but no way because you are ugly, so ugly!"

he made me cry and ever since our mom's claimed it as him flirting.

weird, i know right.

anyways i ran downstairs already smelling the food.

"goodmorning lia, can you get the carpaccio that's sitting on the table?" my dad said looking at where the food was placed.

we had to bring two dishes and a special dish for the food critic. people sometimes don't eat all day for the event, and i'm one of them.

gianluca and mattia's dad makes this dish every year just for me, because i'm his favorite person in the whole world. well not really but he loves me.

i helped my dad and mom with the food. i don't even want to call her mom and she's not even helping dad this year making it harder on dad.

she's only going to the event because she wants to find some guy to get with. i don't know what that girl has become.

"hey woah- uh do you have the um garlic?" i heard someone coming in through the door.

it was mattia and i was wearing nike pro spandex and a sports bra. i forgot he got to skip school too.

oh yeah he also lives across the street.

"yes, its on the table next to the carpaccio that lia still hasn't given to me." my dad looked at me in a serious manner.

i sighed and walked over to the table picking up the tray that held the carpaccio's.

"i like the outfit." mattia whispered into my ear from behind me. "i like when you're normal." i roll my eyes walking over to my dad.

"thanks for the garlic." mattia said walking out the door. "go talk to mattia." i heard my older brother, Antonio say from the top of the stairs. "why?" i ask

"your brother's right, 16 years and you still haven't talked to mattia." my dad says. "we see each other everyday i don't want to talk to him." i huff.