8- Things have Finally Simmered

"Many vampires have heard of you. We all have paternal instincts towards werewolves, and orphaned pups are no exception." William says, stroking Jax's head.

Jax doesn't shy away, but he doesn't like it.

Kaila really doesn't like it though. She growls, and snaps at William's hand.

William looks at Kaila, and pets her head.

"No need to be a stick in the mud, Darling." Victor says, setting in a chair right next to Kaila and Jax.

Kaila looks at the brothers, and then sighs, leaning against William's hand.

"Guess you like that, little pup." Liam says, scratching Kaila's head.

Jax lets Kaila get some more pets, before he stops Liam's hand.

"But why us?" Jax asks.

"Because you two are adorable, and need to have some type of parental guardianship." Victor says, looking at the children.

Of course he had seen scared orphans, but this was weird. They were acting a little to scared for his comfort.

Victor stands up a bit to quickly, and Kaila quickly retreats to Jax. She pushes her head into Jax's chest, as if she's awaiting a strike against her.

Jax is quick to shield her tiny, frail body within his thin, but muscular arms.

"It's okay. I was just standing up, you two." Victor says, slowly making his way over to the kitchen area.

William looks at the two children with soft, sorrow-filled black eyes.

It was a sad sight.