Deciding that she was finding it difficult to sleep and Sarah wouldn't be awake, she got out of bed and went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water so she could sit and think to herself about everything that happened. 

Padding into the kitchen, it was pitch black dark as Maddie grabbed a glass out and poured herself some water, turning around as she took a sip, she almost jumped out of her skin when she saw a figure sitting on the stool.

"Oh, my god," Maddie mumbled, careful to not drop her glass of water over the floor. "Carina... I-I didn't see you out here," Maddie said.

"I couldn't sleep at all," Carina spoke quietly, staring into the dark still.

"Oh... I know, I just wanted to get a glass of water. Do you want one?" Maddie answered. Carina shook her head.

"No, I'm good. You should go back to bed, Bambina. I will be fine," Carina mumbled. Maddie nodded, she finished the rest of her drink before placing it in the sink.

"Goodnight," Maddie said before heading back to her room.

Deciding that she didn't want to be alone right now, she opened the door to Maya and Carina's bedroom and crept inside, shaking her mom gently awake.

"Mom?" Maddie whispered quietly. Maya stirred and shot up in bed thinking that there was something wrong.

"What's happened? Are you okay, kiddo?" Maya wondered, quickly checking her watch to see it was after 3 am now.

"I couldn't sleep. Can I come and sleep in your bed?" Maddie asked softly. Maya didn't have the heart to tell her no so she shuffled over in bed and made room to allow Maddie to crawl in bed next to her. "Carina's out in the kitchen. I went to get a glass of water and she scared me when I saw her, she is just sitting on the stool staring," Maddie said leaning against her mom.

"Ah, I see. I don't think that she can sleep either, I think we're going to need to give her some time and this is going to be hard for her," Maya said. Maddie nodded in agreement. "Try and get some more sleep, the next few days are going to be difficult," Maya said. Maddie sighed and shuffled further to rest her head on her mom's chest as she tried to fall asleep.

It had been 2 whole days since Andrea had died and the atmosphere was incredibly tense at the apartment. Maya was feeling at a loss of what to do, both Carina and Maddie were taking different paths of grieving.

Carina was mostly not sleeping, in fact, Maya had walked out of the bedroom at 3 am to almost trip over Carina that had taken up lying in the hallway in an attempt to fall asleep while meanwhile, Maddie had completely shut off, she barely spoke to anyone and when she did, she had snapped a lot. Maddie's attitude was unrecognisable, Maya was completely unsure of what to do.

Deciding to cut everyone off, including Sarah who was completely unaware of what happened, Maya felt helpless and didn't know what to do.

"Mads? You want anything for breakfast," Maya peered into her daughter's bedroom, as usual, Maddie was curled up in a ball on her bed.

"Not hungry," Maddie mumbled.

"You need to eat Mads, you have barely eaten since we've been back home. I could make you french toast? I can't say it would taste like Carina's though," Maya said. Maddie shook her head and refused to look at her mother.

"I said I wasn't hungry," Maddie insisted. Maya sighed and bit her lip but decided not to push any further.

"Okay. Well if you need me then I will be out in the lounge, kiddo." Maya said, turning around to walk back out.