26. Out of It

'Yan, come and eat!' Bing yelled up the stairs. The Septics had gone home, but only after Dark had promised to Robbie and JJ that he would ask around in the Void whether anyone had seen Anti.

All the egos sat round the kitchen table, talking a little and messing about.

'I- I'll go check what they're up to.' Eric spoke, standing up and ascending the stairs. Dark nodded, looking back down at his plate of food, not feeling hungry. Yan hadn't come down since the shadow took Anti.

Eventually, Eric came down- without Yan.

'Said they're not hungry.' He shrugged, looking worried. 'They're really out of it, they don't seem normal.'

'How do you mean?' Dark looked up rapidly, an eyebrow furrowed. 'How?'

'They... They let me come in, but it was obvious they really didn't want to... A- and their voice was quiet, and they really weren't happy, they looked like they- were crying a lot. I asked them if anything was wrong, but they just said no and fake smiled. It's like they don't even know who I am...' Eric frowned, sitting at his place next to Dr Iplier, who squeezed his arm comfortingly. Captain Magnum cleared his throat as Yan appeared at the door.

They looked tired, really tired. Their eyes were dead- and sure enough, they looked like they had been crying. Their normally pristine school outfit was crumpled and wet in places that teardrops had fallen. They stumbled to the table, flopping down on the seat next to Wilford.

Everyone noticed that Yan sat in the wrong seat. Normally they sat in between Dark and Eric. They looked up, eyes meeting Dark's for a second before they dropped their gaze and poked a fork at the spaghetti.

'So...' Bing tried starting a conversation from his place next to Google. 'How was your day today, Google?'

'It was okay. Just working on my plans to destroy mankin- I mean, had fun washing the dishes.' The robot- like human replied with an innocent smile.

Yan dropped their fork onto the table and stood up, the egos watching as they sat on the sofa in the living room. Dark let out a sigh and stood up, going into the room and shutting the door behind him. The egos made faces at each other and continued eating.

***

Dark went over to the sofa, sitting next to Yan, who stared blankly at the off TV.

'Yan?' His voice was soft as he watched Yan. They blinked, eyes not moving from their connection with the TV.

'You'll never be enough, you can never protect your family. You're weak.' This is precisely why Yandere was... well... Yandere. After the demon had killed their parents... It was kill to protect the Ipliers, their new family and the only thing they loved, or lose them.

Yan felt their eyes widen slightly as Dark pulled them into a tight hug. They shut their eyes, pushing the image of their parents being killed out of their mind. Dark's chest rose and fell as he breathed, and Yan found his presence comforting. They buried their face in Dark's suit, hugging the Edgelord tight.

'His name is Adison.'

***

'Adison?!' Anti huffed for breath, having had Adison teleport him to a clearing in the woods.

'What—What are you thinking?! Darkiplier will find you and rip your insides out!'

'Nah...' The blue- eyed demon inspected his nails while leaning against a tree. 'Emo doesn't know me. To the all powerful Darkiplier, I am nothing but a bug.' He spat this last part with a particular venom.

'He'll find you.' Anti huffed again, turning away. 'You know saving me isn't gonna make me wanna join you any more than I did before.'

'I know.' Ad rolled his eyes, walking off, shadows following him.

'Hey wait!' Anti yelled. 'I can't teleport and I have no idea where I am!'

Adison turned, midnight eyes glinting, his shadows growing around him.

'That's the point, glitch.'