35| Hospitalised

Mulai dari awal

"There is still a pulse! She is still breathing, doctor!"

My muscles tensed up as everyone turned harshly to look at the surgeon.

"I know," the doctor said. "But I'm afraid, with the technology nowadays, we could do nothing to save her."

"YOU FLOPPING IDIOT!" Mia screamed at the top of her lungs, making all of us jumped. She glared daggers at the doctor before she raised her blaster at him with a Flaringo loaded.

My eyes widened as I ran towards Mia to stand in between her and the doctor, and grabbed her wrist to turn her blaster away so that it was pointing at the window.

"Mia! What are you doing!?" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. "Put your blaster down!"

"Alessia is not dead! She's in a coma!" Mia glared at the doctor behind me with watery eyes. "You lied about her death! You're not qualified to be a doctor at all!"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"A coma?" I whispered underneath my breath.

Where have I heard that before?

"Coma? What are you even talking about? I'm the doctor here and I know what I am doing! You're insane!" the doctor yelled, pointing a finger at Mia. A few nurses entered the room when they heard screaming and asked what was going on. The doctor stared at Mia one last time before he exited the room with the nurses.

"Yeah leave! Walk away from your mistake!" Mia screamed as I held her back. "F*ck you!"

My eyes widened as I released my grip on her wrist.

"What did you just say?" I questioned her.

I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"I told him to leave," Mia hissed as she crossed her arms angrily.

"No! Not that!" I exclaimed.

"That he is not qualified to be a doctor?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No! The last thing you said!"

She looked at me weird.

"F*ck you?"

I took a step back, my jaws dropped to the ground.

"What... what's going on? What did she say?" Trixie asked with her cracking voice as Mia looked taken back by Trixie's question.

"You're so pure," Mia commented. "It's better that I don't corrupt your innocent brain with corrupted words like that-"

"She was cursing," I said, looking at Mia dead in the eyes. "She was saying a bad word, used by people from the Surface."

The rest of the gang gasped as Mia looked at me confused.

"The Surface?" she repeated.

"Could it be that," I mumbled disbelievingly. "You and Alessia are from the Surface?"

Mia's eyes widened, finally understanding where I was going.

"Do you know the WAP?"

"The what?"

"Nevermind. Alessia and I are not from the Surface," she said, shaking it off but she paused herself right after.

"Wait, how long have you been in Slugterra for?" she asked me with a serious look.

"Three years," I answered. She placed a finger on her chin, seemingly trying to process something.

"'I Like It' from Cardi B? 'God is a Woman' from Ariana Grande? Drake's 'God's Plan'? Anne Marie's 'Friends'? 'In My Blood'? 'Happier?'" she listed.