Chapter Eighty Two: Relocate

(I apologize for the long wait. I am still writing this. We had a death in the family, after a long fight with cancer, and that is my only excuse)

Chloe couldn't help but feel a little annoyed as Tony appeared to mentally step out of the meeting. Not that they were actually talking about anything important, per se, but it was the principle of the matter. He hadn't so much as said an "excuse me" or anything, just tapped his earpiece and zoned out from the rest of the meeting. Whatever it was that had attracted his attention had better be important, she decided. If not, Avenger or not, she'd let him have it.

A thoughtful expression on his face, Jack sat back in his chair, making it swivel back and forth. He was no stranger to sudden interruptions and felt none of the same feelings the detective obviously did. It was written all over her face, after all. But, while he waited for Tony to finish up whatever it was he was doing, the rest of the room had gone silent. At least the Avenger had had the good sense to head into a corner of the room for whatever phone call had interrupted things.

Having been in any a situation when time was of the essence, the space captain knew the best thing they could do, until either his team or someone else's was able to follow the money, was to take whatever leads they could get. He glanced over at Lucifer, who's expression was unreadable, and then at the other three in the room, GoGo, Honey Lemon, and Ella. The two former had poker expressions while Ella tried to do the same but failed miserably. It was kind of cute in a way.

After what felt like forever, but really was only a minute or two, Tony rejoined those gathered around the conference table. "That was JARVIS. Apparently Hiro's somehow managed to track the general location of our terrorists."

Sounds of surprise arose from various parts of the table as this information was digested. But, after the teen's recent abnormalities, it wasn't as shocking as it could have been.

"Dare I ask how?" Chloe spoke up, not sure if she really wanted to know or not. Either the kid had had another vision or something else had happened. There was still just the hint of a niggling doubt he might know more than he let on in the back of her mind.

Tony reclaimed his chair and swiveled around to face the center of the table. "I have no idea," he admitted. "Apparently he needs me there to pinpoint a more exact location." Technically speaking, Tony wasn't needed, just his lab, but he wasn't about to let Hiro, let alone Loki, be alone in that space. One never knew what might happen, even with JARVIS keeping an eye on things.

"Perhaps we should relocate to Tony's estate?" Lucifer suggested.

With lips pursed, Tony contemplated having to cater to all the adults in the room. It wasn't that he didn't have room, but there was no way he was going to let any of them into his lab, minus Honey Lemon and GoGo. There were too many sensitive things in there to let strangers see them.

Seeing the look on Tony's face, Jack stood from his chair. "I don't think there's a need for us all to go," he stated. "I'm sure some of us have things we need to finish up here, but I agree that finding out the exact location of these people is a priority. That said, I think only those staying at Tony's place should go. The rest of us have a lot to prepare in the meantime."

Ella's face fell at that announcement. She could understand why Jack might want Chloe and Lucifer to stay at the precinct. There really was a lot to get done, but she'd done about all she could in her little lab, unless something new showed up in her lap. The bomb fragments from the three locations were at the bomb squad labs, and looked like they wouldn't afford any new clues. They only needed to confirm they came from the same source, which was pretty obvious as far as she was concerned. "Can I go?" she asked in a small voice, almost hesitating to speak at all.