So You Wanna Write: About your OC?

Covers: It's very important to add a picture of your OC in the cover. If you just post 1 picture to the side on let's say the prologue, then people are gonna forget what your OC looks like half way through and will get frustrated having to go back to the prologue to remember, then having to go find the spot they left off on. If you don't add your OC in the cover then at least post lots of pictures of them to the side so the reader always knows what they look like.

Again OC stands for Optional Character. A Character you make up.

Title: Your OC's name doesn't have to be in the title all the time, you could do a trait that represents your OC or your OC's relationship with somebody if it's a love story or a battle trying to defeat someone. It could also be what happens in the story like if it's a story about Itachi having a daughter:

The Raven's daughter

don't state the obvious like 'Itachi Uchiha's daughter' or 'Hi, I'm Itachi's daughter!' Or if it's a story about your OC showing up in the Naruto world or the Naruto peepz showing in your OC's world. Try not to again state the obvious, like:

WHAT ARE THE NARUTO PEOPLE DOING IN MY LIVING ROOM?!

YES! I'M IN THE NARUTO WORLD!

That makes your story kinda look like it's gonna have a mary sue as the main character and will take the interest out of the story. People read to find out what happened not to hear it all in the title.

Ideas: Try not to make your girl/guy a mary sue. Mary sue's are hard not to make and your first OC might actually be a mary sue. Reader's don't always enjoy reading about them cause they get a tad bit annoying. My OC was almost a mary sue, she was really strong but still not strong enough to defeat Kabuto, Orochimaru, or even Gaara. She tied every now though.

My OC had quite a few guys fall for her, there was Kokoro another one of my OC's, Gaara, and a guy named Arashi (another one of my OC's). Everyone seems to love her but not with first greetings since she can be a bit harsh from time to time. Her butt is a bit plus sized but I haven't really said anything about it yet.

So try not to make a mary sue, these are the signs of them:

1. All the guys/girls fall for them cause they're super hot.

2. Super strong, never get hurt.

3. They are the only survivor of their clan.

4. Have an epic Kekkei Genkai.

5. Everyone wants to be there friend.

6. They have incredible to die for looks.

7. If there a girl then plus sized butt and boobs. If there a guy then hot abs/muscles and a big wee wee.

Character: Try making your character unique and special. Make them different from the Naruto characters and from other OC's. Give them a background story more incredible than the Uchiha's and Uzumaki's! When creating an OC it's first important to write down their:

1. Name

2. Age

3. Personality

4. Looks

5. Jutsus

6. Weapons (because a ninja can't survive on just jutsus, even just taijutsu)

7. Background story

8. Likes

9. Dislikes

After you have these you pretty much have all the basics. Anything else would be figuring out things like date of birth, family, blood type, anything like that. Try to add a family to your OC, I know family gets in the way alot and all you wanna do is kill them off so people can feel sorry for them and they can sleep at there lover's house and things like that. But family is important, how would you feel if all of your real family was dead and you had to live at a strangers house?

Helpful Tip: If your not very good at drawing and want to draw your OC, try using a base. A base (for those who don't know) it's an anime character that's pretty much nude with no hair, though it doesn't show tits or wee wees so it's not disturbing to look through them and find one you'd like to draw over.

Just be sure to give the one who made the base some credit ^_^