Chapter 9

Monday. Like the usual,Philip and Russia were walking on the sidewalk on their way to school. But the walk was quite awkward for BOTH of them.

Philip was silent the whole time,walking forward with his head low and his eyes looking down. And Russia noticed this.

Russia guessed that maybe it was the kiss from before. And if that was the problem,then maybe the confession after the kiss made it worse.

He didn't want to make things worse if Philip wasn't feeling so good about it,so he just remained quiet.

"Hey,Russia..."Philip mumbled,stopping.

"Yeah,what is it?"Russia replied,feeling a little nervous.

"Uhh...About the kiss..."Philip started slowly.

"What about it?"Russia asked,mentally preparing himself from what was about to happen.

"You said you liked me back then...And I know I liked you back...So does that mean...We're...dating?"Philip told.

Russia's eyes widened a bit. Yes,Philip DID like Russia back,but that's where it ended. Neither of the two actually thought that they were dating.

"Well-...If you want,we could."Russia replied,a bit unsure with his answer.

"Hm...And about that..."Philip continued."About the dating thing..."

The Russian could see his friend(for now) struggling to let out what he wanted to say. Russia had a guess of what Philip was about to say,but he didn't want to think about it. But Philip was having a difficult time,so Russia had to do something to ease the struggle.

"You don't want to...Right?"Russia said,surprising Philip.

"What?No,no,that's not what I meant. I mean,I DO want to date you,but..."Philip faltered."But the dating thing...Don't you think we're rushing this?"

"What do you mean?"Russia asked.

"I just feel like we went a little too fast with this."Philip admitted.

Russia didn't respond. Was Philip trying to say something?He stayed quiet,trying to process what Philip meant,which made the other one nervous.

"Are you not ready for this type of thing?"Russia asked.

"Well...Yeah..."Philip murmured,feeling bad since he might hurt Russia.

"So what do you want to do?"Russia asked.

"If you want,I guess you could say we'd be in...Unofficial relationship."Philip told.

"Unofficial?..."Russia thought,raising a brow.

"You can consider us being in a relationship if you want..."Philip said.

"...But we're not in an official relationship."Russia finished.

"Yeah!Like that...We could be in an unofficial relationship...At least until I'm ready for a real one."Philip agreed.

Russia was once again quiet. And it always gets Philip feeling nervous. There were so many responses Russia could go with,and Philip gets a little anxious.

"Will he disagree?Maybe he won't like me anymore...No,I'm sure it'll be fine...Right?"Philip startes overthinking.

"Okay..."Russia replied,smiling and catching Philip off guard..

"What?...Huh?..."Philip murmured.

"If you need time,then take all the time you need. I can wait."Russia reassured.

Philip felt happy and relieved. He felt like crying tears of joy,but luckily he didn't. Philip really loved his man,even if he doesn't admit it.

"What are you two still doing here?"asked a familiar voice of a female.