Chapter 21

Your POV

After a few more episodes Nico and Uno decided to go to bed while me and Jyugo stayed up. I only did it because I haven't said night to Hajime yet and I knew Jyugo had something planned because of the smirk on his face.

"What do you have planned now? This is the last thing I'll do today since it's already sundown but we haven't gone to bed yet." I asked as I yawned. Hajime approached the cell and Jyugo's smirk grew. 'Uh oh.' I thought and wasn't prepared for what Jyugo would ask me to do.

"The last thing I want you to do today is kiss Hajime!" He said and pointed towards me. "Why?" I asked and he just shook his head. "Just do it." He said and I let out a groan as I layed down on my back, my face heating up at his words. I hesitated for a moment but knew I had to ask this.

"Where do you want me to kiss him? The forehead? The cheek? The-" He stopped me by basically yelling to the whole world "Kiss him on the lips! I want to see his reaction!" as my face got hotter by the second. I turned towards Hajime, keeping my head down as I slowly approached him. He was gonna be your first actual kiss.

Hajime's POV

It was time for the inmates to go to bed when I heard talking in Cell 13 and left my office to check on them. "They aren't usually this noisy at this hour. Not since F/N went in there. They must be up to something." I mumbled and stood in front of the cell door and found everyone asleep except F/N and Jyugo.

I opened the cell door and looked over at F/N and Jyugo. Though Jyugo seemed like he was planning something. 'What is he up to?' I asked myself and went to enter until he spoke up. "The last thing I want you to do today is kiss Hajime!" He shouted and I looked at them confused until I noticed F/N began to ask why.

I felt my face heat up and my eyes widened for a moment. "Just do it!" He countered and I heard F/N groaned as she laid down on her back. "Where do you want me to kiss him? The forehead? The cheek? The-" I felt my face get warmer as she kept talking until Jyugo piped up and shouted. "Kiss him on the lips! I want to see his reaction!" A lump formed in my throat as I tried to stay calm. I looked down at F/N as she hesitantly stood up and began walking towards me, keeping her head down.

I began to sweat nervously. 'Stay calm Hajime.' I thought as I looked over at Jyugo with a glare and he backed away, the expression he had showed that he was beginning to rethink what he said. I looked back at F/N and she still had her head down.

I was about to speak until she spoke up. "Sorry about this." She said then her hand reached up to the collar on my uniform and pulled me down. I felt something soft collide with my lips and I realised she was kissing me. I got a look under her hood and noticed her whole face was red. She also had her eye closed.

Oh god! She looked so cute I couldn't help it as I kissed back, feeling like I wasn't in control anymore. I began to reach over to pull her closer until she backed away and looked back down to the ground. 'Damn it Hajime! Why'd you have to go and do that?' I mentally shouted at myself as I brought my hand up to cover the bottom half of my face.

It was silent for a few minutes before I punched Jyugo on his head for telling her to do that, then told them that they needed to go to bed, then locked the cell door and turned the lights out. "Don't let the warden find out about this." I mumbled to myself since I knew that if she found out, she would be furious and I didn't want to deal with that.

I entered my office and began to write my report, leaving out the part where they escaped and when F/N kissed me. I could tell I was still in a daze since I could barely focus. "Damn it!" I slammed my hand on my desk and sighed. "I need some fresh air." I rubbed the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes but the image of F/N's face when she kissed me came to mind. I gasped slightly and felt the heat intensify on my face.

"Damn! I need to find a way to calm down." I mumbled and exited my office. I soon found Sataro and told him to work on some of the paperwork and that I'll be back in a few minutes. "Yes Sir!" He saluted me and entered my office.

I went to the guards lounge room and sighed as I lit a cigarette. "This is bad. Very bad." I said as I did a long drag off the cigarette and sighed. "What's bad?" A voice asked and I looked over to find Kenshiro sitting with a cup of tea. "Nothing. The inmates are just being a pain in the ass." I told him and put out my cigarette.

"What did they do this time?" He asked and I sighed and stood up. "Just being stupid. One made a bet that if they could scare the other, the other would have to do whatever they told them to do." I explained and went to leave.

"You seem to be hiding something. Did something happen with you and this inmate?" Kenshiro asked and I stiffened slightly and scoffed. "Don't worry about it." I said and left back to my office and continued working on the report I would give to the warden tomorrow.

Kenshiro's POV

I noticed Hajime enter and seemed in distress as he sat down, not noticing I was here as he lit a cigarette. "This is bad. Very bad." He said and this made me curious. "What's bad?" I asked as I took a sip from the cup of tea I had. He looked at me, seeming surprised I was here.

I was only here so I could greet the warden when she got back. My sweet, sweet warden. "Nothing. Just my inmates being a pain in the ass." He said and sighed. "What did they do this time?" I asked him as I sipped the tea and thought of seeing the warden again after she got back from her trip.

"Just being stupid. One made a bet that if they could scare the other, the other would have to do whatever they said." He explained to me and I could see his expression change to anger and confusion with... regret and want.

'Is he telling the truth or is he trying to hide that fact that something happened between him and his inmates?' I asked myself and thought for a moment. He never had any expressions other than anger towards his inmates and one that showed uninterest.

He stood up and went to leave but I stopped him. "You seem to be hiding something. Did something happen between you and an inmate?" I chose my words carefully and sipped my tea. I noticed he stiffened slightly and scoffed.

'He's definitely hiding something.' I thought and awaited his response. "Don't worry about it." He said and left. "I wonder what happened. I'll ask the inmates later." I said and stood up and approached the wardens office and waited for her arrival.