Chapter 23

I woke up to find Jyugo missing and sighed as I shook my head. 'Why can't he just stay in the cell?' I asked myself as I stood up and stretched. I heard the cell door open and found Hajime as he tossed Jyugo inside. I sighed and waved, ignoring my nervousness. He glanced at me and his hand twitched as if he was going to wave back but he just walked off.

Hajimes POV

When F/N waved, I wanted to wave back but it felt too awkward. It was only a kiss and yet I couldn't stop thinking about it. "Maybe I should talk to her." I mumbled as I turned around and approached her cell. "Hey F/N." I said and she looked at me, seeming nervous. I sighed and unlocked the door. "I'd like to talk to you for a moment." I said and she slowly stood up and followed me to my office.

Right as soon as we sat down, she took her hood off and looked me dead in the eyes. "Are you mad at me?!" She shouted and I backed away slightly, not expecting that.  I cleared my throat and regained my composure. "No. Why would I be mad?" I asked her and she seemed to smile and sigh. "I don't know... You've been avoiding me since we kissed and I thought you were pissed at me for it. Glad to know you aren't." She said and I sighed.

"I could never be mad at you." I admitted and she smiled wider. "That's good to hear." She wandered around and paced back and forth. "By the way, Samon found out about it." She said out of nowhere and I felt anger build inside me. "You told him?!" I shouted and she backed away slightly. I sighed. "It's fine. Don't worry about it." I mumbled and sat down.

'What day is it?' I asked myself and looked at the calendar. "Great, New Year's is in a week. Might want to start preparing." I mumbled and noticed F/N approaching me. I still felt a bit awkward when I was around her. "What do you have to prepare for? What's happening on New Year's?" She asked and I sighed.

"Here at Nanba prison, the warden choses 3 buildings to participate in a few activities. My building is chosen every year. I have to be on the top of my game in order to win. I don't want to lose to the other buildings." I said and she chuckled.

I honestly missed talking to her. Might seem weird for a guard to enjoy talking to one of their inmates, especially me, but she wasn't just an inmate to me. She was more of a friend... in a way. "So basically, you want to prove you're better than everyone else?" She asked and I sighed again.

"Yeah. Anyway, you should probably go back to your cell, Seitarou will be back with more paperwork soon and he'll probably ask why you're in here and I don't want to explain this to him." I said and she smiled. She then hugged me and I hugged back.

"I'm glad you aren't mad at me. I missed talking to you." She said and I looked at her, a bit surprised as she let me go. She pulled her hood back over her head and left. I sighed and smiled to myself.

Your POV

"How'd your talk with Hajime go?" Rock asked me and I shook my head. "It went well. Found out he isn't actually mad at me." I said and Uno chuckled. "I don't even know what's going on between you two. Why don't you fill me in with all the juicy details?" Uno said and I shook my head.

"I don't have to. It's none of your business." I told him and Jyugo looked at me then at Uno. 'Don't you dare.' I thought. "He kissed Hajime." He said and I groaned. "You didn't have to tell them! That should have stayed between us!" I yelled as I felt my face get hot.

"Why not? You didn't do it willingly. I made you do it." He said and I growled slightly. "Yeah but you didn't say that! All you said was that I had kissed him!" I shouted and sighed. "Oh." Was all he said and Uno, Rock and Nico were all staring at me. "What happened exactly?" Nico asked and I sighed.

"You all remember how Jyugo forced me to do a bunch of stuff since he had managed to scare me that one day?" I asked and they nodded. "Well, before we had gone to bed, he had told me to kiss Hajime." I said and they all nodded.

"That's why we didn't know about this. We were asleep by the time that happened." Nico said with a small giggle. "Dang it Jyugo! You should have woken us up! I would have loved to have seen Hajime's reaction." Rock said and I sighed. "Well, there wasn't much of a reaction other than the fact that he was surprised." Jyugo said and the others began to pout.

I shook my head and silently chuckled. 'These guys act more like children than adults.' I thought and smiled. "He should have had a different reaction than that! Are you sure he didn't do anything else?" Uno asked and Jyugo glanced at me and shook his head. "Not that I can remember." He said and Nico giggled.

"You're lucky he didn't beat you up for that." He said and Jyugo sighed. "You're right about that." He said and laid down beside me. "Hey F/N? Do you know what the main reason I had you kiss Hajime was?" Jyugo asked and I shrugged. "I was thinking that his reaction would have told me something." He said with a  sigh.

"What were you hoping to find out?" I asked and he sighed again. "I was wondering if Hajime knows about you. You know, if he knows that you're actually a girl?" He said and I chuckled slightly. "You know, you could have asked me instead. Anyway, Yeah. He knows. He was actually one of the first ones to find out." I said and he sighed and stared at the ceiling.

Jyugo's POV

'I wonder who else knows.' I thought as I stared off into space. 'I wonder if Hajime likes her. Probably not in the way I think he does. He's too focused on his job to fall in love.' I sighed and faced Uno to find him busy playing solitaire. I glanced at Nico to see he was watching his anime and then looked at Rock who was face first in a food magazine. I sighed. 'Those guys are so easily entertained,' I thought and glanced at F/N.

"What do you want to do? Everyone else is busy doing their own thing." She shrugged as she sat up. "We could try and escape. That's really the only thing we can do. But Hajime mentioned that Seitarou will be showing up soon with a lot of paperwork so he'll be busy and I don't want to disturb him." She sighed and looked around.

"That's the fun part though. Interrupting him when he's busy." I said and she chuckled slightly. "That may be true. But I think I'll try and get some sleep." She said and laid back down, falling asleep almost instantly. I sighed and laid down beside her, placing my hands behind my head as I stared at her for a moment, watching the slow rise and fall of her chest.

I don't know why, but I enjoy being around her. Maybe it's because we have something in common. Or maybe... no. That's probably not it. I sighed as I remembered the time she had choked me when she found out I knew him. The man with the scar.

I shivered and shook my head. I was surprised when I had found out she was that girl I saw so many years ago. The man with the scar came to mind again and I growled. Just thinking about him gets my blood boiling. I sighed, calming down, and started off into space.

I wasn't sure what to do now. Everyone was busy doing something while I had nothing to do. 'Might as well get some sleep too.' I thought and got comfortable beside F/N. 'Maybe we could, one day, destroy that man and maybe I can finally get these damn cuffs off.' I thought and soon fell asleep.