Chapter 16

A/N: The clip above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Perth's POV

When midday came and I still didn't receive any call nor text from Saint, I decided to text him.

Did you receive the roses and the card?

No reply.

Another silent half hour passed. 

= = = = = = = = =  =

A few more silent hours passed.

= = = = = = = = = =

My heart sank.

It was now close to dinner time and no reaction from Saint.

The thought that he must hate me so much and that I would never be able to get back together with him again made the tears well up in my eyes.

Will he threaten me with security again if I knocked on his door? I decided to chance it.

With a sinking heart I went over to room 603.

My fist was raised, ready to knock on the door, when a passing hotel staff said to me, "There's no one there, sir. The occupant left the hotel a few hours ago. I helped him load his luggage in the taxicab bound for the airport."

I held on to the door knob for support because my knees suddenly felt unable to hold my weight up.

"Thank you," I said to the bellhop, my voice catching in my throat.

I ran to my room and started packing my stuff.

Saint's POV

I had to take a couple of pain pills to fight my headache, and heartache, and to help me to sleep because pain pills almost always have a drowsiness side effect on me.

I woke up the following morning to the sound of heavy rain. It was as if the sky was sympathizing with me.

I told myself it was for the best that it was Zee who hurt my feelings rather than me hurting his for lying about still loving him. I knew in my heart of hearts that it was Perth that I had loved all along, all this time. I wanted to contact Perth. I wanted to tell him that I was sorry for overreacting and that I wanted us to be together again but I was afraid that he would reject me for leaving him just like that.

I went through the day like an automaton.

The heavy downpour did not let up. The sound of the rain only served to deepen the sadness and loneliness in my heart. Would Perth respond to me if I tried to call him?

I picked up my phone and then set it down again.

My last communication with him was my threat to call security on him. He must be upset with me by now. Not just upset perhaps but angry as well.

And then I remembered the dozen red roses and the card with his message on it. In my emotional state of mind I had left them lying on my bed in the hotel.

I tried my best to recall what he had written on the card.

"My one and only sweetheart Saint" that was how he started the message on the card.

"I am begging on my knees ...

I tried hard to remember the rest of the message but all I could see in my mind's eye was how he had scribbled the last two lines "Your one and only sweetheart, Perth"

I had been so intent on getting back together with Zee that I had just hastily read what Perth had written on the card and had absentmindedly pushed the card and roses aside on the bed as I hastily packed my stuff.

No, I can't contact Perth. He must be upset with me by now.

By  evening, my empty stomach was complaining but I did not have the energy to cook any dinner. And I wasn't even sure if there were any ingredients in my fridge that I could put together to make myself a decent dinner.

I decided to brave the rain and go to the restaurant which was just walking distance from my condo unit.

I ditched the idea of bringing my umbrella with me. I was going to make a slow walk in the rain, let the rain drench my body and my soul. Cleanse me of all my negative emotions.

I walked out of the building with my head down because the heavy downpour was getting directly into my eyes.

I walked to the left in the direction of the restaurant and bumped hard into a wet shivering figure.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled and moved to walk away but the wet shivering figure hugged me tight.

I raised my head in fear, thinking, oh my god, a mugger. The downpour was so heavy that I could barely make out the face.

"Perth!!!"

"Don't leave me again. Please don't ever leave me again." I heard him say over and over to me as he held me tight in his trembling arms.

"Oh my god, Perth, never again, no, never again," I replied.

I hugged him back as tight as he did and we stayed that way, allowing the rain to cleanse our hearts so that we could love each other afresh.

T  H  E      E  N  D         T  H  E      E  N  D         T  H  E      E  N  D

A/N: I wish to thank everyone who came to read and to vote and to comment on this PerthSaint fanfic. I hope to see you all again when I come back to write another PerthSaint story. I love you all ! ! !  Stay safe and healthy ! ! ! Much love, Anne of Whitley Bay