Chapter 12

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Iain's POV

It bothered me somehow that Perth just hung up on me without any excuses. I tried not to let it upset me but it kept circling around my brain like a pesky fly buzzing around your face on a hot summer day. I tried calling him every now and then all evening but my calls kept on getting directed to his voicemail.

I tossed and turned all night asking myself, "You idiot, have you fallen for Perth? How are you going to break the news to Paolo?"

When I finally drifted off to sleep it was a fitful one.

The next morning, even while eating breakfast my mind was still on Perth. Even as I drank the last few drops of my coffee, I found Perth's face staring  at me from bottom of my empty coffee cup when I set it down on the breakfast table.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore.

I hopped into my car and drove towards the Pearl of the Orient Hotel.

When I got to the reception desk at the lobby the hotel staff gave me a hard time when I asked what Perth's room number was. It seemed that she didn't trust me just because I couldn't give Perth's last name.

Fortunately I knew Saint's full name because I had known Saint even before I met Perth, when I got introduced to him during a previous get together with mutual friends.

Although the reception clerk still looked at me suspiciously, she relented and gave me Saint's room number after I gave her Saint's full name.  When I get to talk to Saint I could always ask him for Perth's room number.

I took the elevator to the sixth floor and found room 603. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

The door opened and I saw Saint in dark blue denims and a light blue shirt just a split second before he slammed the door on my face.

What in bloody hell!

I was about to start banging on the door with my fists when I felt someone grab me to face him and before I knew it I found myself reeling on the hotel floor after receiving a well aimed upper cut on my chin.

I looked up from the floor to see Paolo towering over me, his face full of rage.

"How did you know where to find me?" I asked as I struggled to get up from the floor.

"You think I did not notice your actions all day yesterday? You think I would not follow you here?" Paolo asked, his chest heaving up and down in suppressed anger.

I was barely steady on my feet again when I felt another blow, this time on my solar plexus. I momentarily lost consciousness as, with a loud thud, I felt my body make contact with the hotel floor once more.

Then I saw Paolo walking angrily away. He did not even bother to check if I was alright, that bastard. Maybe it would be best to break up with him.

Third Person POV

"Who was at the door? Why did you slam it shut?" Perth asked as he wound the soft thick towel around his waist. "That could have been the dietary staff delivering the breakfast that I ordered for both of us."

"Two answers to one of your questions," Saint started to say.

"Which question?" Perth asked him.

"You wanted to know why I slammed the door shut," Saint said with a frown.

"So why did you?" Perth asked, running his fingers through his still wet hair.

"First because you were still fully naked," Saint said, looking a little bit upset. "And second because it was Iain at the door."

"Iain??? And you slammed the door on his face??? He must think that you are very rude!!!" Perth exclaimed, walking quickly towards the door to open it.

Perth's eyes grew wide when he saw Iain on the floor doubled up and grimacing in pain.

He ran towards Iain and Saint ran after Perth.

Saint grabbed Perth's wrist, saying, "Go back inside and put your clothes on first, unless you're so eager to take care of your boyfriend with nothing on you except a towel that could easily fall off from your waist with the slightest movement."