Chapter 13

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Iain's POV

My arms were already raised, waiting for Perth to help me up but suddenly Saint pulled Perth away and Saint came forward and was the one who helped me up instead.

"What are you doing here?" he asked suspiciously.

"I ... I ... was going to ask you what Perth's room number was because the receptionist below would not give me that information," I replied. "But wait, why did he come from inside your room, and why is he covered with only a towel around his waist?"

"I don't want to be rude, but really, it's none of your business," Saint said curtly. "Now if you will excuse us ... "

Saint made a move to turn around but I stopped him.

"Wait, you haven't told me what his room number was," I insisted on knowing.

"Why do you need to know?" Saint asked, his eyebrows raised high.

"In your own words, it's none of your business," I replied. There that made his mouth drop to his jaw.

When he finally recovered from the shock, he said, "In that case I am not telling you."

Suddenly, Perth stepped forward saying, "My room number is 602. It's just next door."

Saint turned his head to stare in anger and shock at Perth. The expression quickly turned to a hurt and disappointed one.

Suddenly, he pushed Perth farther away from him and ran inside his room and slammed the door on Perth and me.

Perth tried banging on Saint's door several times but Saint refused to open it. Perth tried to turn the door knob but Saint had locked it.

I smiled at Perth apologetically.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I did not mean to cause trouble between you and your friend."

"Correction," Perth said. "He is my boyfriend."

"Wwwhhhaaattt???" I could not believe my ears. "When did that happen?"

"Last night," Perth replied with a sheepish smile.

It was my turn to put on a hurt and disappointed face.

"I guess I have no business being around you anymore," I said before turning to walk away.

At the end of the corridor, I received a flying kick from Paolo. Shit, I had not expected him to ambush me at the end of the corridor.

Saint's POV

I tried to control the sobs that accompanied my tears.

I should have known that Perth was not really into me. He could still get easily attracted to other people. Why did he give away his room number information to Iain? Was he hoping to have a secret rendezvous with Iain? Did he even care that Iain already had a boyfriend?

With trembling hands, I grabbed my phone and dialed a number.

"Hello? Saint?" Zee's familiar soothing voice started to calm me down.

"Zee ... " I tried to speak, but only his name came out of my mouth.

"Saint! Are you alright? What's going on?" Zee's voice  turned into a concerned tone.

"Can you meet me tomorrow night at the Suvarnabhumi Airport?" I asked, unable to control my sobs anymore.

"Please tell me what's happening with you, Saint," Zee pleaded. "I'm very worried about you."

"I ... I ... I think I made a mistake of breaking up with you," I said, not really caring whether I was telling him the truth or not.

"Does that mean that you still love me?" Zee asked in a hopeful tone of voice.

I hesitated for a few seconds before saying, "Yes, Zee. I still love you."

"I will meet you at the Suvarnabhumi Airport tomorrow night," Zee said in a firm tone before hanging up.

I wiped away the tears from my eyes and went to the bathroom to splash some water into my flushed face.

Then I made a call to the receptionist below.

"Please book me a flight back to Bangkok tomorrow," I said. "I would like to be on the flight that arrives there by seven in the evening."

"Yes, sir, I will," I heard the receptionist say.

I holed up inside my room the whole day, not wanting to take the chance to bump into Perth  outside.

I distracted myself by watching all kinds of shows on the TV set inside my room.

After a poorly consumed dinner, I made myself some hot chamomile tea from the electric kettle in one corner of the room in the hope that it would help me to sleep well.

I was about to doze off when my phone rang.

"Hello, Saint?" it was Zee. "Please don't change your mind. Please don't flake out on me tomorrow night. I will be waiting for you at the airport. I will treat you to a nice dinner which I will cook myself at my place, okay?"

"Okay," I said, feeling terribly guilty for lying to him that I still loved him.

And then again, feelings of love can always be developed.

With that thought in mind, I finally fell asleep.