Chapter 6

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

When the elevator doors opened on their floor, Perth stepped aside to let Saint come out of the elevator first and then he followed Saint.

Perth's chest bumped into Saint's back when Saint suddenly stopped walking.

"What's the matter?" Perth asked.

Saint turned, his face full of worry.

"Which part of the hotel does the ghost always visit?" Saint asked.

Perth's heart jumped to his throat. Should he go on with his lie and face the consequences later when Saint finds out about it? Too late to back out now.

"I was told by the housekeeper on this floor that she sees him floating on this hallway in the middle of the night," Perth replied, swallowing hard.

Saint gasped and grabbed Perth's wrist tightly.

"You... you... wanna... " Saint hesitated, weighing something seriously in his mind.

"I wanna what?" Perth prompted Saint.

"You wanna keep me company just for tonight?" Saint asked, looking very embarrassed.

'And then after tonight, what' Perth wanted to ask, but decided to just go with the flow for now.

"Of course," Perth replied. "We're still friends, right?"

"Yes, we're still friends," Saint said, turning his face away quickly so that Perth could not see the hurt in his eyes.

They both stopped in front of Saint's room while Saint took out his key card and used it to unlock his door.

Just as Saint entered his room, his stomach started to complain. That was when he remembered that because of all the commotion earlier, they had forgotten to have any dinner.

"Are you hungry?" Perth asked upon hearing Saint's stomach grumbling.

Saint nodded with an embarrassed smile.

"Let's ring for room service," Perth suggested.

"That would be lovely," Saint said excitedly.

Perth called the front desk and asked what was on the dinner menu.

"You have a choice of seared salmon with sesame cabbage, avocados and mushrooms or beef tenderloin in mushroom," the receptionist informed him.

Perth turned to Saint and gave him the choices.

"Beef tenderloin sounds great," Saint said.

Perth gave him a thumbs up sign.

"Would you please send up two orders of your beef tenderloin dish to room 603?" Perth said on the phone.

"Would you like some drinks to be served up with your dinner?" the receptionist asked.

Perth turned to Saint.

"Wine or soda?" he asked.

Saint's eyes twinkled unexpectedly.

"Wine," he replied.

Again he got a thumbs up sign from Perth.

"A bottle of Pinot Noir, please," Perth said.

"Very well, sir," the receptionist said. "And for dessert, we are offering our special black forest gateau in case you're interested."

"Bring us two servings of those, please," Perth replied without consulting Saint. He wanted to surprise Saint because he remembered during a fan reception long time ago when they were still all together with the rest of the Love By Chance cast, that Saint kept going back for a second and a third serving of black forest cake and everyone was teasing him about gaining weight.

After Perth put down the hotel room phone, he turned around to say something to Saint but had to suck in his breath sharply.

Saint had his back to Perth and was taking off his shirt.