Chapter 3

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who do not know him, his name is Paolo Pangilinan. He plays the love partner of Iain Pangilinan in the Philippine BL series "Like in the Movies".

Paolo's POV

The time on my phone screen said six thirty in the evening. Where was Iain? Why isn't he answering my calls.

And then again, it didn't matter if he wasn't at his home yet because the ingredients for my ginataan were taking a long time to cook.  Ginataan is a dessert made up of cut up yams, glutinous rice balls, golden sweet corn,  plantain slices and sweet ripe strips of jackfruit all cooked in sweetened coconut milk.

  Ginataan is a dessert made up of cut up yams, glutinous rice balls, golden sweet corn,  plantain slices and sweet ripe strips of jackfruit all cooked in sweetened coconut milk

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

By the time the ginataan was almost ready, it was seven o'clock. Perhaps by this time, Iain and his mom had finished eating dinner so this was just the right time to bring him my ginataan for dessert.

When after several calls Iain still did not pick up, I decided to call his mom.

"Hi, mom!" I said when she took my call.

"How's it going, son?" Iain's mom calls me 'son' and has always insisted that I call her 'mom' because she was aware that Iain and I were in a relationship.

"I'm doing fine, mom," I said. "I've been trying to reach Iain for the past half hour but he's not picking up so I'm starting to get worried."

"He's probably stuck in traffic," Iain's mom explained.

"Oh, did he go anywhere?" I asked in surprise. Iain had not mentioned to me that he was going some place. He usually lets me know when he's going anywhere outside his house.

"He said he was going to the mall," the mom explained. "I have a feeling he went to buy a last minute birthday present for me because he was being a bit mysterious earlier when he told me that he was going to the mall to buy something."

"The reason I'm trying to reach him is because I'm gonna be bringing some of the ginataan that I'm cooking. In fact it's already cooked. I just need to transfer it into several small bowls and bring it over to you while it's still piping hot," I explained.

"Why don't you come over now," Iain's mom suggested. "By the time you get here, I am sure he'll be home."

"That's a good idea," I agreed.

Third Person POV

At the mall, Perth was forced to say yes to Iain's offer to bring him home in Iain's car because anyway Perth had come to the mall in a taxicab.

"How about you, Saint?" Iain asked. "Do you have a ride back to your hotel?"

"Actually I came in a taxi," Saint replied. "But I can always take a taxi again."