Chapter 2

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For this who don't know him, his name is Iain Pangilinan, one of the lead actors in the Philippine BL series "Like in the Movies".

Iain's POV

I really hate shopping after five in the afternoon because that's when it's like the whole population of Manila has decided to converge here at the mall. And because of that, waiting in line to be able to pay for your purchases, even at the self service checkout counters could take until tomorrow.

Okay I know I'm exaggerating. I know that it's not gonna take until tomorrow. I know that I'm just being a drama king as usual. But that was the reason I got chosen to play a lead role in a BL series. Drama is my middle name.

Even though the mall was air conditioned, I could feel a bead of sweat trickle down the side of my forehead. I was sure that if I had been agoraphobic, I would have gone berserk in this thick crowd.

If it had not been my mom's birthday the following day, I would have just turned around right when I was still at the entrance of the mall, when I noticed how crowded it was, with people walking elbow to elbow in the corridors.

I blamed myself for being the greatest procrastinator in the planet. If I had bought the present for her a week ago instead of today, I would not be suffering through this ordeal.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I walked out of the department store, my mom's present carefully placed inside a beautiful gift bag covered with several layers of pastel colored gift tissues.

Even though the crowd had not let up by the time that I stepped out of the department store, I still felt like I finally obtained some kind of freedom.

With a light hearted feeling I walked down the corridors and made my way back to the entrance of the mall where I planned to go back to the parking lot where I came from earlier.

Maybe because he looked taller than the rest of the crowd and because for some reason his elegant appearance stood out in the crowd, I spotted my new Thai friend, Saint Suppapong.

We had met the other night at a party hosted by a mutual friend.

He spotted me as well and I waved to him. He tried to wave back at me but he could not raise his arm high enough because he was carrying several boxes in his arm.

I did not even have time to wonder why he was carrying so many boxes in his arms because suddenly a guy who looked younger than Saint and just a bit shorter than him,  came rushing towards me.

He was all smiles as he exclaimed to me, "Hey, Iain! Fancy running into you here!"

Before I could ask him who he was, he said to me in an urgent whisper, "Please pretend for now that you are my boyfriend!"

I was too shocked to say a single word.

He grabbed my arm and brought me over to Saint.

"Saint, this is Iain, the guy I was telling you about," he said to Saint.

"You don't have to introduce me to him, Perth," said Saint, "we've known each other since the other night."

Okay, so this other Thai guy's name is Perth. But if I have to pretend to be his boyfriend, do I call him Perth, or should I be calling him 'babe'?

I really wouldn't mind calling him 'babe' because he was such a gorgeous looking young man.

I turned to Perth.

"So, babe, for as long as you're here, unless you have not yet finished shopping, I can take you home in my car."

He looked at me wide eyed, his cheeks getting redder and redder by the second.

Because he was not answering but was just staring at me with a shocked expression on his face, I prompted him, "Babe?" and accompanied my question with a naughty wink.