Chapter 14

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Perth's POV

I wanted to kick myself over and over and over for giving my room number information to Iain. I should have thought carefully before doing so. I had not anticipated that Saint would react the way he did.

I kept banging on his door all day and calling out his name. Not once did he open the door to me.

I camped outside his door in the hope that if he stepped out for any reason, I would be able to catch him and apologize to him for my bad behavior.

No such luck. He had holed himself up inside his room.

I even took out my blanket and slept outside his door but morning came and he was still holed up inside his room.

I tried knocking one more time.

Suddenly my phone got a text notification. It was from Saint.

If you continue to bother me I will call hotel security on you.

It broke my heart that Saint would threaten me with something like that. But then again, I must have broken his heart for him to react that way to me.

I must think of some way to get back under his good graces.

I went down to the hotel lobby where there was a florist shop situated right beside the newsstand.

I went inside the florist shop and ordered a dozen red roses and bought a card to attach to it.

I took out the card from inside the envelope and wrote the following message on it:

My one and only sweetheart Saint, 

I am begging on my knees to ask for your forgiveness for my despicable behavior. I honestly don't know why I did such a thing. Please forgive me, my love. I promise never to hurt you again.

Your one and only sweetheart,

Perth ❤️❤️❤️😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️

I approached the receptionist and asked if she could send a staff to deliver the roses and card to room 306.

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Saint's POV

I fought my hunger and decided to skip breakfast. I just stayed in bed. I did not have the energy to get up.

Suddenly there was a banging on my door.

"Saint, please! I need to talk to you! Please come out!"

I had enough of Perth pestering me all day and all night at my door. I decided to text him a warning so that he would leave me alone once and for all.

If you continue to bother me I will call hotel security on you.

There was silence after that.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

I got out of bed and did my morning rituals in the bathroom.

I felt better after my warm shower.

I started packing my things. I needed to be at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport four hours before my flight.

I was debating on whether to call the dietary department to order some late breakfast for me when there was a soft knock on the door.

"Delivery, sir," I heard someone say.

I opened my door just a tiny bit.

There was a hotel staff in uniform carrying a bouquet of what looked like a dozen red roses.

"Please sign on my clipboard, sir," the hotel staff said before handing the roses to me.

I signed on the paper at the spot that had a big X marked on it.

The staff then handed me the roses.

"Thank you," I said and was about to close the door on him when suddenly he said, "Oh, please wait, sir, there's a card that goes with it."

I saw him pull out a card from his clipboard. He handed it to me and I took it.

"Thank you," I said once more and finally got to close my door before Perth might appear again.

I placed the roses on my bed and opened the envelope. I pulled out the card that was inside it.

My vision got blurry as my tears started to form in my eyes while I was reading the message that had been written on it.

Had I acted too harshly on Perth? Should I forgive him? Should I give him a second chance?

The fresh tears that were rolling down my cheeks were giving me the answers that I was looking for.