Chapter 7

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Perth's POV

Just after I put the hotel room phone down, I turned around to tell Saint that our dinner would be sent up to us in the next half hour or so.

No word was able to come out of my mouth though, because I was too shocked at what I saw.  Saint's back was turned to me and he was in the act of removing his shirt.

The sight of a half naked Saint made me totally lose it.

"No! No! No!" I shrieked in panic. "I'm not ready! I'm not ready!"

Saint turned around, his eyes wide open, also in panic mode.

"You're not ready for what???" he asked, his voice almost in a whisper.

Wait, did I just panic for nothing?

I stood rooted to my spot, and stared at him, my blood starting to rush upward from my neck to my cheeks.

"I ... I mean ... I mean ..." I found myself stammering stupidly.

"What did you mean, Perth?" Saint had an eyebrow raised, a smirk slowly appearing on his lips and then changing into a teasing smile.

Oh shit, he had read my mind.

"No, no, no, I didn't mean anything," I quickly backtracked. "I meant that I need to go to my room and change into a different shirt myself because of all these food stains from the stuff that Paolo threw at us."

"Ohhhhh... " Saint said.

I loved how his lips formed a seductive O while he was saying that.

"I'll be right back," I said and rushed out the door in embarrassment.

I quickly put on a fresh change of clothes and then gathered my pajamas and went back to Saint's room.

I noticed Saint looking at me appreciatively when I walked back into his room.

"Those casual clothes look good on you," he said with a smile. "You're such a sharp dresser."

"Thank you. You are, too," I returned his compliment.

"I hope this purple stain can be removed by an ordinary laundry detergent," Saint remarked, pointing at the food stain on the front of his shirt. "Whatever food that was that Paolo hurled at us smelled delicious but I'm worried about the stain."

"Yes, I have a good mind to punch that bastard for not being able to handle his jealousy properly," I remarked.

"Talking about Paolo ... and Iain ... " Saint began.

Oh shit, here it comes, the big interrogation.

"Iain is not my boyfriend," I confessed quickly before Saint could go any further.

"But how did you get to know him?" Saint was not about to let go of the topic that quickly.

"I didn't get to know him before now," again I confessed. "I only made that up the moment he appeared before us at the mall."

Saint was shaking his head.

"What was all that deception for anyway?" he asked.

"I don't know what came over me," I thought that it would be best to come clean and just clear up the mess in front of me. "I guess I wanted to appear cool to you, you know, that I was here to meet up with someone when in fact I'm just here for a brief vacation all by myself."

"I see," Saint said, looking thoughtful, making me wish that I could read his mind.

"How about you, why are here in Manila?" I asked.

"I needed a short break," he replied. "Things were starting to get out of control."

"With that Zee Pruk guy?" I asked bitterly and instantly regretted it.

Thankfully, before Saint could react, there was a knock on the door and when I said "Come in" the hotel staff pushed his shiny food cart with our covered beef tenderloin dish into the room. I assumed that the other covered dish  was Saint's favorite dessert which I wanted to keep a secret from him until the time came for it. The bottle of Pinot Noir was partly sticking out from its ice bucket.

We ate our food in silence.

I was feeling very nervous, not knowing what to say next. Saint was not helping at all with my nervousness. He also kept quiet throughout the meal. I could feel his eyes on me from time to time but I could not meet his eyes. Shit, I really need to find a way to curb my tongue from saying the dumbest things.

I needed to find a way to break the silence.

"Shall I pour?" I asked, taking the bottle of Pinot Noir and uncapping it.

"Sure, thanks," Saint replied, handing his empty glass over to me.

We clinked our glasses.

Again we sipped our wine in silence.

"What is in that covered plate? Is that our dessert?" Saint spoke up finally.

"Yes," I replied, holding my breath.

"What is it?" Saint asked. "You consulted me about dinner and about drinks but you did not consult me about dessert."

"I'm sorry about that," I said hoping that my tone of voice expressed enough regret. "If you decide that you don't like it, we can always order a different one."

"What kind of dessert is it then," Saint asked, already moving forward to remove the cover of the plate.

"No, no, no," I stopped him from doing so. "Let's finish our dinner first."

Thankfully Saint did not argue but obediently finished the food on his plate.

"I'm ready for dessert," Saint said, wiping his lips with the maroon cloth napkin that had the hotel's logo embroidered on it.

I watched as Saint leaned forward and removed the cover of the plate containing the black forest gateau.

He looked up from it and at me, wide eyed. His hand that was holding the cover was still hanging in mid air.

Then he set down the cover on the food cart with a loud clang and rushed over to me and hugged me tight.

I broke the hug and pushed him slightly away, placing my hands tenderly on either side of his face.

His eyes were already closed even before my lips touched his.