Frustrated

"Son of a bitch."

Chris mumbles under his breath, his phone going off again for the millionth time in the last twenty minutes.

His grip tightens around your waist as he presses the red button on his phone to ignore the call. He had promised tonight would be a night spent with you. He intended to keep that promise. After all, tonight was a big night for you. For him too, but you mattered the most to him. So his big moment could be out shined by you.

He's tired of being the big one in the light for once.

The tv flashes to a commercial, his favorite show on the television despite seeing it a million times. He doesn't mind. Neither do you, it was time spent with him. That's what mattered in this moment.

You hum in content as he focuses back on you, his hand back to playing with the ends of your hair. His other hand tracing the little tattoo along your waist that only he knew about. No one else does. Considering, he paid for it. A little gift to show his love, as well as something of his favorite to be on you as a reminder for you.

He loves you so much.

He had realized that the moment the tattoo was there.

No one else could have gotten you to do that but him.

His phone buzzes on the table again, his once peaceful feeling going away as he looks at the caller ID. The tension and annoyance flowing through his body as his jaw clenches. His misfits tattoo showcasing even more now as he does so.

After the last thirty calls, he would think this person would get the hint.

"Just answer the call, maybe they will stop calling after."

He doesn't want too.

Work can wait.

He doesn't get to see you as often; hold you, love on you, fuck you into the mattress when he is at work. He just wants this to be a big night for the both of you. He has plans to make this the best night spent together.

Yet, his work can never take a break.

He sighs, answering the call.

Stepping into the kitchen once you sit up.

"Do you want me too..."

The remote is in your hand, index finger hovering above the pause button.

You know how he is about his show. He can binge watch this show so much and still forget how much he adored it when it first came on tv.

You can hear him speaking. It echoing in the kitchen, the frustration heavy in his voice. Only catching every other word, but it's the fuck you that's filled with such anger that it makes you sit up a little bit and worried.

His boots are heavy on the hardwood floor, a detail of this new house that was all on your decision. He sighs as he stops, his hand going to his hair.

"You couldn't have paused it!?"

It throws you for a loop.

The anger that is now centered towards you.

"I tried asking but you didn't hear me. You were out of the room before i could, plus you were only a second. It's still on commercial."

He sighs with frustration.

"You still should've paused it!"

He turns back into the kitchen, mumbling under his breath.

Fully deciding to disregard anything else of frustration to come out. He didn't want this night to take a turn for the worst. Not when he had plans for something else. He needed to calm down which is why he is putting his phone on the charger in the kitchen.