Blegh

A/N: anyone who knows me and knows me well enough, they will know where this story came from and why it's a thing now. so from my sad filled heart tonight, i decided to make this a good thing and make it a heart felt happy thing. hope it touches and melts hearts tonight in this chili's. (it's okay i'll exit the room you don't have to tell me again.)

The brown haired girl is in Chris's arms, her hand tangled into his shirt as she looks around the venue. Her brown eyes following all the lights and crew members walking around getting the last minute arrangements together.

What a surprise she was entering his life along with her mother, his little Morrissa. Screaming the very moment she entered this world, a little version of her father just full force coming through. Even now, a fiery little three year old determined to be her father.

Her little faux bulletproof vest with her own little design sewed in. Ready and set for everything to come, to cheer her daddy on from side stage. Her little pigtails the only difference to his hair while his is pushed back.

Chris's eyes find his ex girlfriend's where she sits on the couch. Her phone snapping photos of the two of them. Despite it all, they co parent well enough. Her full focus had always stayed on their little rebel child. His stayed on everything near and far, right down to make things work.

Even now.

She holds his heart in her hands; damaged, misused, and cracks but he does the same for her.

It's there but it's not.

AJ makes his way to the hallway of the dressing room, his eyes meeting Chris's, a nod being given between the two of them. The chubby cheeked toddler looks to AJ, her little hand waving as she looks to her daddy right after. Her little lips puckering to give him a kiss.

Her words mushing together as she wishes him a good luck before her hands going to her mom's point of view and reaching for the black haired woman with blue eyes, content once she is in the woman's arms and looking to where the rest of the band are now waiting patiently for the go ahead to get on stage.

Her eyes going wide with excitement once she can hear the crowd over the music playing.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Chris takes a step back from the microphone, the lights dimming and giving him enough time to get some water, to catch his breath as he waits patiently. His chuckle rings through the small venue, meant for two thousand fans alone. His eyes find the crowd before he is speaking.

"So, everyone knows about how i'm a dad. If not, well then you know now."

The crowd cheers, a few extra screams taken over as he nods. His hand moving strands out of the way as he catches his breath still.

"I considered myself a dad way before. No kids whatsoever. I was always a dad regardless. If we're technical here, i'm all your dad."

He laughs.

The crowd once again getting loud, "Well, my daughter. Everyone knows she is full force my twin in all shapes and forms."

His hand goes to his heart, a wide smile that's rarely shown spreading across his face. The very one where his tongue meets his teeth.

"I walked in on her in one of the dressing rooms a few shows back doing the blegh like i do. It was the cutest thing i have ever seen in my life."

He looks side stage, his eyes meeting the little girl's.

"That being said, i tend to keep this part of my life private but i want to bring her out and have her do it with me this go round."

He kneels down, "If she wants of course."

The crowd roars the loudest it had all night.

His arms open and within seconds, his little Morrissa is at his side. Her hand holding his, her smile spread wide. Her mother stepping to hand her little one the microphone with a kiss being pressed to the top of her head before moving out of the way just as fast.

"You ready kiddo?"

Morrissa just nods.

The microphone being brought to her face, her tiny voice ringing through the microphone as Chris whispers in her voice what to say.

"This is Soft."

Morrissa's hand is clutched in her dad's hand, the both of them jumping.

"Blegh!"

The strongest it's ever been coming from her, Chris's laugh filling the microphone as he does his best to keep up to the song.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

His hand pats at her back from where she rests on his chest, her breathing even as she sleeps peacefully. Her little hand clutched at its favorite spot. Her favorite blanket that reps her dad's band on her to keep her warm.

His eyes on his ex's phone as she shows him the videos she got from the nights show, catching the moments he missed from focusing on the crowd and keeping with the lyrics. His mind on autopilot.

It's as he is sitting here, his little family in one setting with the adopted family around him doing their own thing.

He can't believes he never wanted kids especially one as cool as his.

He is the happiest he has ever been.

Truly.