Sorry

"Oh man."

Ryan sighs as he stares at the window, watching one of the crew members hand you your luggage.

"You really fucked up."

Chris turns to face the guitarist and rolls his eyes along with a death glare.

"Look, you need to mind your business. Me and my personal life aren't it. I don't pay you to meddle in it."

Pushing his way through, Chris heads to the back of the bus and climbing into his bunk. Sliding the curtain and tossing in his earphones, carefully selecting a song and taking a nap before the show for the night.

He needs to get his head on straight. He needs to focus and the fact he just ended it with you, it's his last concern and worry. It's the very last thing he truly needs.

                                    ✧✧✧✧

He is just glad to be off the stage, the whole show tonight had been a damn disaster. Of course, the events earlier it's not surprising. He did just break up with his girlfriend of over twelve years. He did do his best to offer her some money to at least get home. It's not his fault she denied the money. He tried.

He feels guilty but it's not much that can be done now. Even if the look in her eyes was one he will always see and remember. The amount of hurt and the last words being the very ones that cut him down to the core.

Fuck he needs to get his head on straight.

It's not like his feelings just vanished. He just couldn't do it anymore. It was exhausting and a struggle. He feels free actually. He felt single for such a long time. It feels nice to be able to actually be free. Right? Even if it did end badly.

Chris is on the bus as quick as he got off of it three hours earlier, sitting in the drivers seat and ready to go. He is ready to just get everything going again. New day tomorrow. It's much needed, a brand new start for everyone.

                                      ✧✧✧✧

It hits him. The reality of his actions. The house no longer filled with the little details it normally held. Instead, it's filled with everything it was before he met you. Everything that made this home empty and lonely. The pictures of him and you still sit on the wall, the harsh truth of his actions.

The place now filled with a feeling of dread and heartache. The memories flashing through his mind as he looks over every inch. He feels it all over again. It's easy to push feelings aside on the road. He definitely feels the effects now after two months of touring now done.

Shuttling the door behind him, he moves to the couch leaving his suitcase by the front door. No point in putting up, no one is here to make him anymore. He is gonna have to pack again in a month. He is used to living out of a suitcase, just continue it. Home means no difference.

He knows he shouldn't, but he scrolls through social media. He has been doing it for at least a month. Without any acknowledgement of the guys, if they knew they would call you and beg you to come back. They always had meddled in shit.
If it wasn't for them, he wouldn't have managed to be with you.

Even if he hates the meddling, he does appreciate that aspect. He did make some pretty decent memories with you. You affected his life and shifted it more than anything. You didn't see him for fame or the social status, you saw just him.

The real him. God, he loved... loves that. Out of everyone of his ex's, you truly wanted him for him inside and out.

He's anxious to see if you're okay, it's why he always checks. He does still care. He knows you are, but it's the only way he still feels close to you these days. How you're doing, if you have moved on. He is thankful you haven't. Although it's sucks to see the pictures of you and him gone from the page. It's expected though.

He needs to get rid of the pictures on his account. He makes a mental note of it. He can't see himself getting rid of them, maybe archiving them. He can't move on that easily even if he did have countless groupies in his bed a mere three weeks after. All he saw was you the whole time.

He knew he messed up a week later, but by the reality hitting him fully. You had already changed your number. Moving on and making no effort to even give him a chance to fix things. He did loose you for good, didn't he?

You had dyed your hair, it looks good really good. It fits your personality. The red bright and neon. He feels a pang in his chest as he continue to scroll a little down a ways. The different posts of how you are doing better. The countless comments from guys who he doesn't recognize their names.

Admittedly, he's angry and a little jealous. He always had been protective you, leaving marks on your neck so people knew not to try anything. Now he can't do much but suffer in silence even if you are shutting down the guys. It doesn't feel right not having you here anymore. It almost feels like his life has ended. He royally fucked up. He knows that now.