Chapter 14: border

At the border of the tiger kingdom the line was long. Most of the people are merchant while others are travelers. Mark and mukhoko was little uncomfortable.

The demons or rather the horn people was among to the line. There are some look like a sinister demon wearing a human's clothes and some look like humans but a horn came out from forehead or head. Few of them have wings or tail and mark was thinking if these people are really a demons.

From their perspectives the demons are ruthless monsters that attack city and destroy the civilization, but the demon in front of them was not on the demon he knows and no demon will wait in line while showing his full form in board daylight.

'Looks like I have to look for the library'

As the line getting shorter it's mark's group turn. They didn't have king's seal but mark do knows how to entered legally.

"You're pass?"

"Sorry I don't have"

The guards look frown, but mark didn't erase the smile on his face.

"Then why are you in line? You know our rules right?"

"Yes I know that is why I request the muktar trial"

Mark who boldly spoke those words felt confident. The muktar trial is a trail that allows to entered the city as fighters. The demi human tiger was a fighter kin and to entered they have to fight the demi human kin and if he win he and his group will pass but if not he will still pass but he will be follow the wish of the winner.

In other words his freedom was in stake to the trial. The people on he line knew what's muktar trial but they didn't dare to fight the demi human tiger because they knew that they lose.

As the guard look dumbfounded, he regain his sanity and smile sinister making people on the line felt shiver.

"Oh a muktar trial ha, it's been a while since someone take the trial"

The guard look to his comrades and nodded. One of the guards left the gate and in few minutes as big muscle demi human tiger came out from the gate.

"Ha a Challenger"

His voice was rough and his fur was the same as the white tiger, his way taller than mark and mark felt nervous.

"Now then let's begin"

The muscle man quickly grab mark and throw him in the open field. Mark's group was shock and the people in line begin to watch. Mark didn't know what happened but he knew that his in different level.

"Am Wagner the captain of the border will defeat you and turned you as my husband"

Mark widen his eyes and mukhoko felt chill on his spine then mark ask.

"Wait you're a man right?"

"No am a woman"

Mark look at the demi human tiger and the demi human tiger evade his gaze.

'I see so she wants to get married'

Wagner was a single woman who devoted to become a warrior but the cost was she remain single. She felt envy to her fellow woman. Unlike other woman she look like brick and most male demi human tiger was avoiding her unless it's about fighting.

Although she didn't get one, she will have one on the muktar trial so she keep waiting until she finally found him..

Mark was scared, he heard the news from his brother Morgan of how salvage they are in bed. He remembered of how he look like a dry vegetables from his appearance.