50.| ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴᴇ [2]

Start from the beginning

Tony rolls his eyes. "Fine. I'll tell him you'll be running very late. You've got three hours. After that, you go back to the compound and to the training room. Stand on the left side of the mats."

"That is oddly specific..." James says, brows furrowed as he walks away. "Don't be weird, Tony. Don't be weird."

And so, they enjoyed the rest of the night. James and Wanda celebrated their marriage along with everyone else who had been there with them. It was a memorable day, the happiest the Rogers family has been in a while. Aside from James being back home of course. James danced with Tommy and Billy most of the night.

It was truly a night to remember. And after a good 3 hours later, James was now in the training room on the left side of the mats. It was 12 o'clock on the dot. The man looks down and realizes he was standing on an X.

"What the fu—"

And before he knew it, the ground glowed from beneath him as a portal opened underneath him. And right through the portal fell James who landed on his stomach.

James groans while coughing. "So that's why he was so specific..." he looks around to see he was in a different room. A familiar room. The man stands to his feet huffing. "Strange, what the hell do you want now?"

Strange appears into the room smirking. "Ah, James, it's nice of you to join us."

James rolls his eyes. "You could've called me, you know that? I would've answered. After all, you're basically my guardian Angel. But you could've easily contacted me, or called an uber for me. And not, you know, poof me here. You could've used the normal way of transportation. A freaking car!"

"What? You didn't think of landing on your feet?" A familiar voice says.

"Okay listen you little—" James turns to see Daisy, his brows furrow. "Oh, hey. Wow, it's been a while. W-what are you doing here?"

Daisy smiles. "It's nice to see you, Rogers. You look good."

James smiles as well.

"Okay, sorry to interrupt, but we've got important things to discuss." Strange interrupts.

James sighs, he crosses his arms. "Well, speak. What did you need me for?"

Strange mischievously grins. "I'm glad you asked. Daisy, we'll be right back."

"What? Where are we g—"

Before he could even finish his sentence, they were both now upstairs.

"Oh, my g—"

"Let's get to this, James, you were part of Wanda's hex, correct?" Strange interrupts.

James makes a face. "This was years ago. Why bring it up now?"

"Yes or No?"

"Yea, obviously. I was the reason it was made. Not to brag but it was made for me so..." James leans back only to stumble. He tried catching himself but instead, he didn't realize that the desk beside him was low, so instead of holding himself up, he knocks over some type of object. After a second he then regains his posture. "I uh— just go on."

Strange sighs. "As I was saying..."

Using his magic, James was now seated along with Strange who was seated in front of him.

"Stop doing that."

Strange chuckles before he sits up. "Back to what I was saying. Do you know how Wanda made this hex? If it involved any sort of magic. Particularly from a book."

The man didn't like where this was going. So he lied, he shrugs. "I don't recall seeing any books lying around."

But Strange doesn't by it, he leans forward. "James, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You and I have been helping each other since we've met. I helped your family find each other. I wouldn't be asking you this if it wasn't important. After all, you know I must keep the life source of the stones safe, which so happen to be you. So tell me if Wanda has the book. I'm not only trying to help you, but I'm also trying to help all of us."

James stays silent.

"I know you've seen it. And if you have, you know being in its presence is the last thing you want." The man says. "It's not safe. It corrupts your mind. It feeds you evil thoughts, makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. You'd be turning into someone else without even knowing it."

James slightly sighs.

Strange narrows his eyes. "Which is why you aren't helping me. Because you know exactly what I'm talking about. You could feel it cant you? You could feel the power, adrenaline, anger, all that darkness running through your veins? Because Wanda has the book. And if Wanda has the book you could potentially lose her. You need to get that book back, James. It's the book of the dammed. Book of sins. If Wanda continues to study it, she'll become obsessed. She's obsessed with keeping you alive, keeping your family safe... just imagine the lengths she'd go to; to keep you all alive. Like immortality. Things like that are what the book provides. The things she could unleash... it'll be chaos."

James nods understandingly. "So, you're saying by having this book she could potentially get hurt?"

Strange eyes James. "I'm saying you could get hurt, James. You two share power, she could feed off your power and use it against you. Use it to her advantage if she knows how to do it. Wanda could either save you or kill you."

That had James's attention. The man sits up in the chair, processing everything that Strange had just told him.

"Before you leave, I need to show you something."

And little did James know that at this moment, everything would change.