Off-route: London

Start from the beginning

"Whose ass did you crawl out of this morning? Because your attitude stinks right now." I couldn't help the small grin that grew on my face at a classic, smartass Mila comeback.

Leo was amused too but tried his best to hide his grin. He coughed and cleared his throat, "So, I'm not in a nightmare, it's really you."

"Just like old times," Lorenzo joined the group I wished I wasn't part of, heck I wished we left sooner so I didn't have to stand here and listen to Mila and Leo bicker like kids.

A short, hour-glass-shaped woman with brown hair that donned blonde highlights stood at Lorenzo's side and wore a smile.

"Mils," Lorenzo said, "I don't believe you've met my wife, Nina."

"Yeah," Mila sheepishly muttered, "I kind of missed your wedding and then... well better later than never," Mila smiled and extended her hand for Nina to shake.

Nina ignored Mila's hand, instead reached for her and kissed her cheek. My brows raised a fraction with amusement when I noticed the look of dismay on Mila's face. Mila always liked her space and didn't hug or show any physical signs of affection for anyone – except for an exception to a few.

"It's so good to finally meet you," Nina smiled and spoke in a thick New Yorker accent, "I've heard so much about you," she paused and her eyes dropped to Leo, "Leo's Mila."

Leo's what now?

Nina's words were not amusing, the dismay and irritation must've been clear on my face because Mila's smile dropped and her wide eyes immediately found mine. I tried to keep my expression neutral but I bit my tongue so I didn't say anything to upset Mila.

Mila immediately moved to my side and the fabric of her blouse brushed against my arm as she leaned into me. The scent of her perfume which had arrays of lilac and amber notes with a tinge of citrus mixed in with lavender and eucalyptus from the bath oils welcomed me and I greedily breathed it in.

"If you mean the coolest friend Leo ever had, then yes that's me," she adorably rested her head over my chest and I took in the scent of her fruity shampoo, "But if you want to get technical, I'm Mitchell's Mila."

That's my girl.

I smiled and kissed the top of her head; Mila was possibly the only woman that had me feeling like a stupid fucking adolescent in love with his crush. Heck, I didn't even feel this way when I was an adolescent in love.

I felt Leo's eyes on us but before I could look, Mila pulled away and introduced me to her friends. "Lorenzo, Nina, this is Mitchell," she glanced up with warm eyes and lightly wrapped her fingers around mine, "My Mitch."

I half-grinned and shook Lorenzo's hand when he introduced himself and Nina did the same.

"The boyfriend, eh?" Lorenzo flashed Mila a wide smile, "Little Miss. Boys-are-gross has a boyfriend now."

Mila scrunched her nose and no matter how many times she did that, I could never get enough of how cute she looked. "Boys are still gross." Mila pointed out and added when she glanced at me with a suggestive grin, "Mitch over here isn't a boy, he's a man. There's a difference."

Cute? Absolutely yes. Filter? Fuck no.

Leo who was very silent cleared his throat and appeared a little... serious. I wasn't sure, I barely ever paid attention to him anyway.

"The last I spoke to Damien; you were in France. What brings you to Pisa?" Leo casually asked Mila.

Damien? So, her father and Leo are on first name basis now. Doubt I'd ever fucking get there. Not sure if I even want to.