CHAPTER 54: TWISTED FATES AND HEARTS IV

JADE

When he said those words close to my ear, my heart almost skipped a beat. I initially believed I had misheard, but I am confident in my hearing. I stood frozen, clutching him while in a state of shock, and my tears wouldn't stop flowing.

Between us, there was a deafening quiet.

Lumukob iyon sa buong kwarto na tahimik lamang kaming dalawa. Although my mouth was slightly open, words appeared to be stuck in my throat, making it impossible for me to speak. Bryce then shushed me.

“It's acceptable not to respond right nkw. I just wanted to express how I feel and let you know you're not alone. I'll always be there for you, and I'll be by your side whenever you need me because you are precious to me, cherié” he remarked.

“Bryce...”

“It's okay to be selfish sometimes,” Bryce said as he gave me a tighter hug and laid his head on my shoulders. “I care for you, and I can't bear myself seeing you like this. This is not the Jade Cesaire I knew for over a month. Your a strong girl who sometimes insults me, who is cold yet you care so much for other people to the point you didn't think for yourself”

I patted Bryce's head gently, and he slowly curled his lips into a smile. I said, “Thank you for being there for me” and took a moment to catch my breath before continuing. “If it's okay with you, I'll take some time to consider what you just stated”

“I can wait. No matter how long I'll wait for you, it's more than acceptable. I'm not forcing you or anything” Bryce answered with a smile.

Parang kumalma ang pakiramdam ko ng marinig iyon mula sa kanya. Masaya ako na ganyan siya magisip. The hug lasted for a few minutes, and when I stopped sobbing uncontrollably, I covered my face. Bryce chucked as I felt embarassed.

“You're cute” he commented.

Before my heart would start racing once more, I cleared my throat and tried to relax. Bakit ganito ang reaksyon ko? Hindi naman ganito noon. I must control this emotional rollercoaster. Despite your internal pain, just take a deep breath and relax, I reminded myself. Umupo muna kami pabalik sa sofa dahil biglang sumakit ang tagiliran ko.

“Can I ask you a something?”

He responded by nodding.

“Why did you recognize me as Aria Hiraide?” I asked.

For a few seconds, there was quiet between us and no one moved. Gustong-gusto ko malaman ang rason kung paano niya nalaman ang totoo kung pagkatao at matagal na ba niyang alam?

Bryce held his neck while lowering his head gradually. He inhaled after biting his lower lip. My eyes widened.

“I figured it out” he said, I turned to face him right away, but he was smiling. “I understand that you will be in danger if anyone finds out, and most people knew you probably dead, so I'm not unhappy with you for hiding your real name from me”

I questioned, “How can't you be angry?”

Akala ko magagalit siya kasi sa buong panahon na kami ay nagkasama ay tinago ko ang pagkatao. Bryce cheerfully said, with a sincere smile on his face that I occasionally saw. “Because your the girl I've been looking for so long and now that I've found you that's why I don't feel furious rather I feel glad about knowing your Aria Hiraide”

“Why are you protecting me?”

He turned to the side to look at me, and when our eyes met, Bryce smiled. “It's a promise that I need to keep. It's a kind of promise that I would not be broken no matter what happen. Do you want to know who may have given me the order?”