Chapter 13: Laura/Nick

Start from the beginning

"It's not that I'm not comfortable without them. Last night was the first time in two weeks that I took them off for longer than fifteen minutes to shower. And, I loved it. It felt so free.", I respond. "But, if something like this morning happens again, there is a chance that either one of us may slip up and call me 'she' or 'her' or even by my name, Laura.".

Will sighs and nods, "Okay. It's your decision.".

We stand in silence for a few minutes. Then, I speak, "We should probably get ready for the day now.".

Will nods and loosens his embrace, "Alright. You go shower first.".

I turn around and walk to the closet. Then, I take out some clothes. Giving Will a quick smile, I go into the bathroom again. Of course, my wig and wrap are still on the counter. I then realize that I need to get a new wrap since this one is obviously dirty. I walk back out of the bathroom and Will looks at me with a confused expression.

I smile and say, "I need a new wrap. The one from yesterday is... from yesterday.".

I grab another wrap from my closet and go back into the bathroom. This time, I only come out twenty minutes later -- after showering and getting dressed. I also have my wrap on, but not my wig. Will is sitting on his bed, talking on his phone. He smiles wide when he sees me.

"Yeah, Mom. Nick is here.", he gestures for me to come closer.

I sit down next to him on the bed. Then, he brings his phone down from next to his ear and puts it on speaker.

"Can I talk to him, then?", Mrs. Johnston asks.

"Mom. You're on speaker now. Nick is right here.", Will states.

"Hey, Mrs. Johnston.", I say.

"Oh! Hi, Nick!", Mrs. Johnston exclaims. "How are you doing, honey?".

"I'm fine.", I respond. "How about you?".

Will leans over a little and starts playing with a lock of my shoulder length, slightly wavy, blonde hair. It's dry right now because I covered my hair with a shower cap while I was showering. I give Will a "What are you doing?" look, but he just smiles and shakes his head.

"Oh, I'm fine, honey.", Mrs. Johnston replies. "You know, Nick, Will is planning to come down to Hill Valley again at the end of January. You can come again, if you want. You're always welcome in our home.".

I wonder if they will still feel that way once they find out that I'm a girl. No, no, no, I shouldn't think that way. Will accepted me. So will his parents and sister... right?

"I would love to.", I smile lightly.

Then, Will takes the call off speaker mode and talks to his mom in private. I go to the closet and stand in front of the mirror on the doors. I grab my comb from my desk and begin combing my hair. A few minutes later, Will comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me. I smile at him through the mirror.

"What is it?", I ask.

"One, you look beautiful.", Will says.

I blush, "Thank you. But, I'm literally halfway through my disguise so I'm pretty sure I look half male and half female right now.".

"Don't care. You still look beautiful. And, second, what's bothering you?", Will asks.

"What do you mean?", I ask him.

"Just now. When Mom said that you could come over anytime you wanted. You went blank there for a second.", Will explains.

"You noticed that?", I look down.

He nods his head, "I notice everything about you, just the way you notice everything about me. What's bothering you?".

"When your mom said that I could come over anytime I wanted... I just wondered how she would feel if she knew that I was lying to her.", I explain. My eyes are welling up with tears. "She is such a nice person. So is your Dad. And, your sister is amazing, too. I felt so... guilty when I was in front of them this past weekend. At first, it was because I rejected and hurt you in the car. Then, after our conversation in the guest room, it was because I was lying to you, to your parents, and to your sister.".

"Oh, Laura.", Will hugs me tighter. "I didn't know you felt this way.".

"When I first started having feelings for you, I actually used to think the same things about you. If you knew my secret, you would probably hate me.", I add.

"But, I don't.", Will locks eyes with me through the mirror. "I don't hate you.".

"No, you don't. But, I didn't know this before. So, I kept expecting you to hate me. Even when I came out of the bathroom last night, I expected you to be angry with me for deceiving you.", I lick my lips nervously.

"I know. That's why I hugged you first before doing anything else. I didn't want you to think that I was just asking a bunch of questions because I was angry with you.", Will chuckles a little. "Actually, my first instinct was to go to you and kiss you. But, I refrained myself from doing that since I still didn't know what was going on in your head. I didn't know what your plans were after showing me that you were, in fact, a girl.".

It's my turn to laugh, "I wasn't sure either. I just kind of expected that I would come out of the bathroom, you would look at me, get angry with me, and kick me out of the dorm room.".

"You really aren't good at making plans.", Will shakes his head the best he can while hugging me. "First with coming here, to Kensingburg. Then with showing me that you are a girl.".

"I guess not.", I agree. "But, it's a good thing that I didn't plan after those. If I had, I might have overthought about us even more.".

"Yeah, so you not being good at plans is in our favour.", Will laughs.

Suddenly, there is another knock on our door.

I sigh and shake my head, talking in a low tone, "We really can't have a quiet morning today, can we?".

Will laughs harder, but tries to keep it down, "I guess not. Put on the rest of your disguise before I open the door.". 

End of Chapter 13

13 is an unlucky number and I just noticed that this is what I wrote for this chapter. Why, why, whyyy didn't my past self take advantage of the number? *insert pout here*

Aside from that, this was a really boring filler chapter. Honestly, I haven't reread this story closely in over a month, so I don't know what's going to happen in the next chapter. In a way, I'm experiencing the book alongside my readers -- kind of like a rereader, I guess.

Speaking of months... I posted the Author's Note "chapter" along with the first two chapters of this story on June 30, 2021 on Wattpad for the first time. My first story on Wattpad was H-Hi, Levy... Oh, Geez (check out the new cover, it's much better than my other one) and I posted it on June 14th, 2021. It's July 15th, 2021 today. I missed the anniversary!!! 😭😭😭

^^^ That's my rant of the day.

This chapter was boring, and I don't know what's in the next chapter, so no promises about that. What I will promise is that the next chapter will be up soon today. 

Thanks for reading!

----------

15/07/2021

I already said the date earlier, but whatever.