Chapter 7: Official?

Xiao, Lumine, and Paimon all eat their food. Well, I guess Paimon more, less scarfs down hers. When they were all finished Lumine gets up and starts washing the dishes, while Paimon talks Xiao's ear off. "It's getting late I should go. Goodbye Lumine and Paimon."
Xiao walks out of Lumine's new apartment so Lumine could get ready to go to sleep. While Paimon enters her world Lumine slides into her white nightgown. She brushes her teeth and hair, then slides into her sheets.  She tosses and turns until around 12, where she gives up on trying to sleep. There was too much on her mind, she had broken she had made to her brother. What would he think? Would he hate her? Or would he be fine? She kept going over the possibilities. She got up and headed out of the apartment to go to the balcony. She needed some fresh air to calm down. Lumine walks to the balcony and sees someone else there. She walks to the edge of the balcony and rests her arms on the railing. "Lumine?"
She jumps and turns to see Xiao staring into her golden eyes. "Couldn't sleep?"
Lumine nods her head hoping he won't ask why. The last thing she wants is to make Xiao feel guilty for her actions. "What's on your mind?"
And there is the question she didn't want to answer. She sighs before starting to tell him. "I broke a promise I made to my brother. I told him I would never love someone other than him. I know it sounds like a stupid promise but he was all I had."
Lumine starts to cry. "I just don't know what to do. I love you so much, but I love Aether so much too. I-I just am lost."
Lumine lets her tear fall off her face and the balcony onto the floor. Lumine turns and starts to walk away but not before Xiao can catch her hand. He pulls her in close to himself and kisses her forehead. She grabs on tightly to his chest and buries her face in his shoulder as she left all of her tears out. Xiao wraps both of his arms around her waist and hugs her. "I can never replace your twin."
"Your twin and you have a bond I could never dream of."
"I don't want you to think of me as a sibling."
"Think of me as your..."
He pauses for a moment not sure what to say. They were more than friends but they never put a label on it. "Think of me as your boyfriend i-if you want to I mean."
Lumine stops crying for a moment to look up at Xiao with her teary eyes. "I-I'm sorry I need more time to think before I accept this request. "
 Lumine is worried she hurt Xiao's feelings but he just nods his head in understanding.

"L-Lumine I should tell you why I was out here shouldn't I?"
Lumine releases Xiao so he can explain. "I hear them. The people I couldn't save. The people who died because I was too slow."
Lumine sees tears forming in his eyes and she hugs him again. "I can't sleep at night because of them."
Lumine hugs Xiao tighter not knowing how to help him. "Xiao. I could stay with you until you fall asleep?"
Lumine says this with zero confidence and with her voice shaking. "T-That would be nice."
Xiao and Lumine release each other from the hug and start walking back with their hands held together. Lumine lets Xiao slide under the covers of his blanket and she sits down on the floor next to his bed. Lumine starts to sing a tune her brother taught her. "No need to fret the night~" "For the creatures that come out are a wonderful sight~"
"The screams and the cries that you hear~"
"Are happy, joyful, and full of cheer~"
"So close your eyes and sleep tight~"
"For the sounds that you hear is the beautiful night~"

Lumine looks over at Xiao to see him sound asleep with a peaceful dream. She turns back around and rests herself but it wasn't long before the dream had turned bad.
"Lumine! I-I'm sorry I was too late! It's my fault your dead!"
Lumine turns around to see Xiao crying. She holds his hand and kisses his forehead. "I am right here. No need for worrying."
She sees Xiao smile in the dark, which causes her to smile. "I love you."

Lumine yawns and opens her eyes to the bright sun. "Morning." 
Lumine turns toward Xiao laying on the bed facing her. "Good morning."
Lumine notices that she was still holding his hand from last night and she jumps up. "S-Sorry you had to deal with that!"
"It's fine-"
Xiao's face turns bright red and he looks away. Lumine was confused until she remembered what she was wearing. She was wearing a semi-see-through white nightgown with a white crop top and shorts. Quite reveling for a pair of Pjs, in all honesty, she only wore them because they were comfortable. 
"Uhh! Sorry! I completely forgot!"
In all honesty, she was fine with him seeing her like this but she didn't want to make him feel awkward. "I will go and get changed!"
"You can borrow my hoodie if you want."
"Ehh!"
This offer surprised Lumine, she just wasn't expecting it. She decides it's a better option considering how far away her apartment is. She slides off her nightgown leaving the under pieces of the Pj set. She picks up a dark emerald green hoodie of Xiao's and slides it on. "I'm done Xiao you can look.

Writers Note: 
Hey guys! Did you like this longer chapter I hope you did. Now originally they were gonna be official in this chapter but it would've ruined a future idea ;) I hope you guys are enjoying this series. Heads up from the 18 of July to August 6th or 7th I might not post new chapters as much, or at all. If you were wondering I am working at a hair salon for 1 week (my Nana's hair salon), then I am working as a babysitter for another week (for my cousins), then I am going to my OTHER Nana and papa's for our camping week. I know my life is crazy.

Anyways that's everything! XOXO-Lily