Chapter 5: I love you

Paimon and Lumine "run" to the Ruin Guard's location. Lumine looks at her opponent, just a regular annoying Ruin Guard. "You stay back, Paimon, so you don't get hit."
Lumine runs in and starts attacking it. Lumine starts by hitting the robot in the leg knocking him down for a bit. Lumine summons a tornado towards the Ruin Guard. The Ruin Guard gets up recovering and starts spinning in circles, Lumine dodged the robot for the most part but it got her ankle causing her to fall. She quickly tries to get up but she can't, she assumes she broke her ankle. Knowing she was in no position to fight she calls his name.

"Xiao!"

Xiao's eyes shrink and he jumps up running to Lumine. He inspects her ankle and quickly can to the assumption it was broken. "Don't worry I'm here now"
Xiao stands in front of Lumine and summons his spear.

"Your safe because I'm here."

Xiao dashes at the Ruin Guard unleashing his Anemo power on it. Xiao channeled his Anemo energy to jump higher, so he could plunge doing tons of damage to the robot. In a few quick hits, the bot was knocked down. "Lumine!"
Xiao runs to Lumine to make sure she's okay. "Are you okay!? Can you walk!? Does anything else hurt!?"
"My ankle hurts that's all I think it's broken."
Lumine tries to get up but she falls back down.
"Here let me help you!"
Xiao grabs Lumine's right hand and holds out his left hand for support.

"Oww!""Careful now!""Ahhh!"Lumine trips making her ankle hurt even more

"Oww!"
"Careful now!"
"Ahhh!"
Lumine trips making her ankle hurt even more. Before she falls Xiao is able to catch her like usual.
"Are you okay!?"
Lumine winces in pain. "I'm alright."
Lumine pauses walking for a second to look at her friend. Paimon seems worried and mad at the same time. Lumine continues on walking towards Paimon. "Piamon you didn't get hurt in the battle right?!"
Paimon glares at Xiao "Yeah I'm fine."
Paimon's face turns concerned, Lumine notices her fidgeting with her fingers. "A-Are you okay?"
"I have been better heh."
"Paimon will go get help for you!"
Paimon flys off to go get help for Lumine

"Here, Lumine let's sit down under this tree."
Xiao and Lumine sit under a tree. Xiao helps Lumine get into a position so her ankle doesn't hurt much. "Here let me look at it"
Xiao checks out Lumine's ankle. He moves it around and checks for swelling. "Yeah, it's broken."
Lumine lays her head on Xiao's lap and stares up and Xiao. "Hmm?"
Xiao looks down at Lumine and plays with her hair with his right hand, he reaches for Lumine's hand to hold it.

"I love you."

"Hmm? Did you say something, Xiao?"
"Ohh! I umm."
"I said..."

"I love you."

Writers note:
Hey guys!
Soooo do you like this chapter? I was so excited to write this chapter! the ending is the best in my opinion. I don't have much to say other than that sooooo

Until next time! XOXO-Lily