Chapter 32

"It's not his fault! We should have killed them in the first place!"

"Then what?! You know it's too risky at that time."

Many voices are heard inside the room. Two men are arguing. Bright regained his consciousness and slowly opened his eyes. Two towering figures he saw the moment he opened his eyes, and the dim light of the room...

Chiva sighed. "He can't lose the two," he said. "He already lost his parents."

Off placed a hand on the man's shoulder and patted it. "We will get Win and Sun back. Win is like a son to me, so I will not let any danger come to him."

Bright groaned as he tried to move. Chiva and Off looked in Bright's direction. When Chiva saw his nephew awake, he immediately went to Bright's side and helped him sit up.

"Glad you're awake now, Vachirawit," Off said, crossing his arms on his chest. "It looks like your eyes are now fine."

Bright did not answer. He just stared down, staring at the blanket with no emotion. Chiva looks at his nephew with worry.

"Bright, you need to rest; we will find them soon," Chiva reassured his nephew, patting Bright's head.

"No," Bright answered. He looks up to them with hard and determined eyes. "I need to save both of them."

Off looks at Vachirawit with squinted eyes. He is utterly amazed by the kid's admiration and determination. His and Gun's decision to teach Bright how to love its mate was right. But he did not expect that the test would be like this.

"I know what you're thinking." Off spoke and sat on one of the armchairs. "Stop it. We already discussed this during the meeting."

"But the meeting was a total failure," Bright said in a hard tone. Looking at her with dark eyes

"The meeting was meant to protect Win and Sun, but it totally failed. They still managed to take them away from me."

Off sighed. He took out his phone and showed a picture to Bright. Bright took the phone and saw that it was a picture of a letter with a white petal attached to it.

"Before Win destroyed the letter, I managed to capture a photo of it. He does not know that I was still inside the house at that time," Off explained. "That was the time before I went to the meeting, and the reason why I was late."

"I did not ask," Bright said, still reading the letter. He huffed and tossed the phone back to Off. "So you mean his own dad kidnapped him because of our own son?"

"Unfortunately, yes," Off said, wiping the screen of his phone before putting it back in his pocket. "Imagine it. You disowning your own son because he's an Omega, then years later, you heard that he got pregnant by a dominant Alpha and is one of the six families, and had a son with that Alpha. It's a win-win for that guy. You get a high-class dominant Alpha and the power you want."

"So... you're saying that all of this is all my fault?" Bright said, looking down again.

This kid's really is still young to understand. Off thought

*sigh* ". It's not your fault. If you actually read the book about your ability, you'll notice that even if the Alpha of the six families treats their mates right, the ability will give its holder a danger that will test it's right."

"This is all a test?" Chiva asked.

"Yes. Trust me, it happens to all the holders" Off said. He remembered the day that happened to him. "No matter how careful you are, the ability will bring misfortune. It's a gift, but also a curse."

Chiva sighed. He wants to help his nephew, but he has no power to go against it. Wait....

"The Opas-iamkajorn does not have any abilities, am I right?" Chiva said, looking at Off and Bright. The two looked at him, and Off nodded.

"Then, it means...we can sneak in to their place once we find where they're hiding, Win and Sun," he said with his index finger under his chin.

Bright's eyes lit up. Win's family does not have any abilities that can stand against them. They can just swoop in and get his mate and son out of their hands. They clearly have the advantage of strength.

"That's a good idea, but that is also considered reckless and a can with nothing inside," Off said with his eyes closed and bored.

"What do you mean? They can't stand a chance between the two of you, and we still need to make sure that the two of them are both safe."

"Yes, but we still need a plan. A can will make a noise if nothing is inside. Kind of like a brain with no use," Off said.

Chiva looked at Off with amusement.

"Anyway," Bright spoke. "We need to hurry. I want them in my arms now."

"Okay, but does Win know about your ability and that it can be passed down to him?" Chiva asked.

Bright shook his head and let out a quiet huff. "Even if he knows about it, there's no way he can use it since the marking is not yet complete."

Everyone is worried. Bright knows that he cannot wait to save his son and his mate. He also hasn't told Win about him, knowing that Sun is his son. What Off just said is right. Even though they have the abilities, they can't just swoop in and expect that they can get the two out without any problems. They need a stable plan to ensure the safety of the two

"Don't worry, I doubt they brought Sun and Win to a far place. Considering the fact that Win's father wants your child, then Sun must be with that guy. Meanwhile, for Win, it's either he's at the same place and just hidden, or they took him far away from this city," Off stated.

"So we need to consider both possibilities and other ends," Bright said.

Off nodded. "Yep, they may be separated or not"

Bright will do anything now, just to get his friend and son back. No matter what the consequences are.

"Oh, that's right, Nephew." His uncle called him. He looked at Chiva and waited for what he's about to say: "The owner of the mall wants the payment for everything that was destroyed by the property."

Bright sighed, clearly not interested in what his uncle just said.

"Just give them the money," he said. He swipes the blanket off him and hops out of bed. "Where's Chatri?"

"Oh, he's sleeping. We couldn't let him be back at the house with what just happened earlier," his uncle replied.

"I'm going to go see him," he said, and he wore the sleepers before leaving the room.

"That kid really doesn't know how to control himself," Chiva said, sitting on the bed.

"I need to go now; my wife's waiting for me," Off said, standing up and holding his phone. "See yah"

"See you, kid."

Chiva is now left inside the room. He leaned back and stared at the ceiling. He never expected to learn this much from them; the ability they hold is a gift but also a curse. Maybe that's the reason he lost his brother.

"How troublesome," Chiva said. He decided to follow his nephew, so he hopped off the bed and walked towards the door. "Win is not hiding your son from you, Bright. He's hiding your son from his own parents."

"Kids these days never fail to amaze me," Chiva said, going to where Chatri is. And as expected, he saw his nephew already playing with him.

Seeing how Win and Chatri turned his nephew into a responsible man, he could not help but feel happy. Chiva knows that his nephew has now finally found his own people to protect. And he will do everything to protect what's precious to his nephew.

Losing a parent is hard, but both are torture, especially at a young age. Bright saw that reality at a young age and was determined to master the ability quickly, in which he succeeded.

The battle had just started. I'm too old for this...

----
School is starting around August, so I'll try to save some drafts✌️😗
 ‼️(This Chapter is already edited since I noticed some typos)‼️