CHAPTER 05

(3 years Later)

||Bright's POV||

"P'Mike, can you get the medicine? My head's starting to hurt again," I told Phi as I massaged my temples

"It's hurting again?" he asked with a hint of concern. He opened the cabinet and took out the medicine. "This has been happening very often now; I think you should take Jumpol's advice."

I look at him in anger. "And why would I take that bastard's advice?"

"Bright!" He shouted back, looking very angry. "You know what will happen to you and the Omega you marked if you don't change! You have the yellow eyes, and you know the consequences it has!"

"But I didn't wish for this eyes!!"

I didn't wish to get these eyes; it's my freaking father's fault, but I can't blame him now since he and Mom are both dead! They both left me alone!

"You're right, you didn't wish for the eyes," he said, and I looked at him, waiting for his explanation. "The eyes choose you. Now, you need to change if you want to save yourself and that Omega."

He slammed the medicine on my table. He gave me one last glare before leaving my office, slamming the door shut. I leaned back on my swivel chair and tapped my fingers on my desk. This had been happening since three years ago, and I can't even get laid with anyone because of this mark.

I'm feeling like my energy has been dropping over the years. Some of the things I used to do before, I can't do now. Stupid marking, stupid eyes! I grabbed the medicine and took it. I didn't even care how many pills I just took. I just shoved it in my mouth and drank it with water.

I continued my work and checked on all the financial needs of the company. I can still survive without Omega; I don't need someone useless.

---

"Come on, let's eat at that restaurant," my friend Dew said. "I heard they have the best seafood there."

"I really don't have time for that," I said. But he didn't listen and just dragged me to the restaurant.

We went inside the restaurant. The interior of the restaurant was actually quite nice, if you ask me. We went to pick up our table and sat down. Dew called the waiter, and we both ordered our food.

"So, how's the search?" he suddenly asked. I sighed and looked out the window.

"Still nothing," I said with no emotion. He nodded.

"Don't give up now, P'Bright. You've come this far, and maybe change your attitude a little bit," he said. I glared at him. He puts his hands up. "Hey, hey, hey, don't use that face on me. You do remember what Jumpol said, right? Maybe that's the only way for you to be better again."

Do they think it's that easy? How can I be good and kind again when my parents were literally killed in front of me? Ever since that day, I have promised that I will never let anyone inside my heart. What's wrong with that? I'm just trying to protect myself.