Chapter Fifteen

Beca:

I was caught of guard when Chloe asked me to marry her. I started crying my eyes out and cursed my body for the pregnancy hormones once again. Chloe embraced me and just held me for a while.

"I'm sorry." I sniffled.

"Don't be. It's okay." She was just too good to be true.

"Yes."

"Yes, what?" She asked as if she had no clue what she had just said a few moments ago.

"Yes. I want to marry you, Chlo-bear. I love you." Chloe was grinning from ear to ear. She crashed our lips together and when we parted, I got out of bed.

"Where are you going?" She protested, trying to hold me back. I climbed back into bed a few moments later.

"I wanted to get this." I said while holding up the engagement ring Chloe had given me back a few months ago. She looked at it and tears filled her eyes. I took her hand and put the ring on her finger. I looked at it for a moment before looking up at Chloe again.

Two months later, Chloe and I were sitting in Aubrey's office to talk to her about the pregnancy. Aubrey still hadn't suspected anything, but I wouldn't be able to hide the pregnancy for much longer. My belly still wasn't too big; I was still able to hide it under wider clothes.

"What did you want to talk about?" Aubrey asked curious as to why we were both here together. She obviously knew that we were back together.

"I- no, we have news." I said while smiling at Chloe, taking her hand. "I'm pregnant." I kept it short. I knew I wasn't getting away with just giving her this information. She would want to know the whole story.

"Oh, uh, but you never wanted kids, that's why you two broke up in the first place." She said shocked. She was right, I never wanted kids. However, she didn't know the whole story. "You have to give me a little more than that, Beca."

I wasn't really keen to tell her the whole story and thankfully Chloe jumped in to explain to her.

"It wasn't a decision we made together, Bree. Becs was already pregnant when we got back together. It happened back in L.A. She wanted to-" Aubrey cut her off hysterically.

"Back in L.A?! That was months ago! How far along are you?" She questioned while pacing around the room hectically.

"31 weeks." I said and shrugged. Her eyes widened in shock.

"31 weeks. God, Beca!" She needed a few moments to calm down. "I don't understand... You barely look pregnant." I lifted my shirt, revealing the rather small belly that formed over the last two months. It wasn't often that I got to see a speechless Aubrey. It took a few minutes, but she found here voice again.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Aubrey looked angry.

"I didn't tell you because I knew if I had told you earlier, you would've thought that Chloe and I are only getting back together because of the pregnancy. And that wasn't the case, so I decided not to say anything."

"Fair enough. And what do you want me to do now?" She was going into manager-mode again.

"We were hoping you could release a statement, letting the press know that we're back together and expecting. Don't release any details about the pregnancy. Tell them I'm going to give an interview once the baby is born."

The paparazzi had taken some photos of Chloe and I together and there had been speculations about why we were hanging out again. I could see the headlines in my mind already. The next few weeks were going to be interesting. I knew the paparazzi would be trying to follow us everywhere, just to get a photo of me while pregnant.

"Anything else?" Aubrey asked, still scribbling down some notes.

"Actually, yes." Chloe looked at me, asking me for permission with her eyes. I slightly nodded and a little smile appeared on her face. "We're engaged."

"Oh no, not this again." Aubrey said, burying her face in her hands. Chloe looked very upset. Understandably. "Just kidding. I'm happy for you two." Aubrey, who had sat down at her desk at some point to take notes, got up from her chair and embraced Chloe before she did the same to me. I was caught of guard because she hadn't been the biggest fan of me anytime in the past.

"Can you leave that detail out of the statement, please? I don't want everyone to know just yet." I told Aubrey and Chloe looked at me sadly. I knew she wanted to tell everyone, just like she wanted the first time. I had planned a surprise for her and I didn't want her to find out. I had told the all the other Bellas about the engagement and was planning a wedding with them. I wanted to get married before the baby was going to be born.

When we were home again, I secluded myself in our office and called Amy. I had been calling her quite often in the last two months since we started planning, to check if everything was going according to plan. I was extremely happy to hear everything was working out as planned. The wedding would be in 4 weeks. We were planning to do it at the lake my family owned. The property was perfect. No chance the paparazzi would find us there. The lake was in the middle of the property, surrounded by woods from all sides. A huge fence closing it in. This would be the big family wedding Chloe had always dreamed of. I even had been thinking about getting an actual bouncy castle, but I discarded that I idea pretty quickly again. The mere thought of Amy in a bouncy castle was enough to not pursue this idea. It would be the best day of our lives, nevertheless.