Chapter Eight

Chloe:

We had just arrived at Kate's and we were sitting at the dining table, all three of us with a glass of wine in front of us.

"Tell me, sweetie. How is it been going for you since your first single?" Kate looked at me expectantly while sipping on her wine. I couldn't help but smile about the nickname.

"It's going so well! I enjoy being an artist, especially working in the studio with Beca. It's impressive when she works her magic on the arrangements with all those buttons." I looked at Beca, who was blushing and smiled.

"I know right?" Kate just looked at Beca and then back to me again.

"Do you have any plans for the wedding yet? You have to know; I never would've thought my baby girl was going to get married someday."

"Mo-om." Beca groaned, but her mom just chuckled.

"We don't have anything planned in particular yet. We have all the time in the world, right Becs?" I caught Beca by surprise since I was the one wanting to get married in Vegas right away.

Beca just nodded and looked at me confused. Her mom yawned and got up to put her glass in the sink.

"Right girls, I'll leave you to it." She said while walking back to the table. "Night, darling." She said, after kissing the top of Beca's head. "Good night, Chloe." She placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed lightly before disappearing into her room.

Beca and I stayed until we had finished our wine.

"Let's go to bed, Chlo. I'm really tired." Beca stated, a big yawn escaping her mouth.

"Yeah, I am too." I got up from my chair and we went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. A little later, I found myself snuggled into Beca's side. I had put my right arm on her chest and she had intertwined our fingers, her other hand was slowly running through my hair.

"I hope, I'm never getting used to this." Beca said and kissed the top of my head. I couldn't hold back a smile. My eyes were already so heavy, I couldn't keep them open anymore. I closed my eyes and heard Beca whisper.

"Good night, Chlo-bear. I love you!" I didn't answer, I was too tired and already slowly drifting to sleep.

The next two days flew by incredibly fast. We spent a lot of time with Kate. Walks in the park, sightseeing, just enjoying the spring-sun on a bench by the river. Kate took a lot of photos of Beca and me, which I happily posted on my Instagram. Unfortunately, this attracted some intrusive fans, who downright besieged us. We were currently standing in front of the airport, trying to say our goodbyes to Kate, when a few fans and about a dozen paparazzi approached us.

"Let's keep it short, girls... so you can get out of here." Beca's mom said pointing to the little crowd that had formed around us.

"Bye, mom." Beca embraced her mother tightly.

"Bye, darling." She replied and they parted. Kate took a few steps in my direction. "Chloe. It was so nice seeing you again." She said hugging me.

"Bye, Kate. Let's go Beca." I grabbed my suitcase and we walked into the building. When I looked back for a second, I could see Beca's mom getting swallowed by the crowd. 

"I feel sorry for you mom. I didn't want to drag her into the spotlight."

"It's okay, Chlo. She can handle this. Don't worry, she knew it was going to happen sooner or later." 

An hour later we were sitting in our seats on the plane, on our way to Crete. Beca was working on her music with her headphones on and I was enjoying the view from the window. Suddenly I felt a pair of lips on my cheek. I turned to Beca, who was smiling at me. She had put her headphones and her laptop away.

"What was that for?"

"No reason. I'm just happy we can finally spend some time together, away from everything." Her smile grew even more.

"Says Beca Mitchell, the workaholic. You can barely stop working on your music for a day." I said chuckling, pecking her lips.

We arrived at our hotel four hours later. The sun was already setting when we entered our suite. It had a huge balcony, from which we had a beautiful view over the beach and the ocean. I let myself fall onto the bed and sighed audibly, closing my eyes. Beca curled up next to me and we watched the sunset together.