Chapter Six

Chloe:

Beca and I had been on tour together for a while and we were both really enjoying it. We would be staying in Phoenix one more night and then head to Las Vegas for the last three shows of the tour. In every city, we spent the time between the shows to go sightseeing together. We visited a lot of beautiful places throughout the tour and we made so many memories. We took a lot of pictures to capture them and I scrolled through some of the photos daily. Luckily we had this last evening in Phoenix to ourselves. After a nice walk through a little park, we went to a restaurant we had seen on one of our tours through the city the other day. We had dinner and headed back to our hotel room after.

The next day we had to leave early to go to the airport, luckily we had packed our bags the night before, so we could sleep longer. We had ten minutes left till the alarm would be going off, but I was awake already. Beca was lying on her back, her right arm lying over her head. I moved closer to her, snuggled into her right side and she put her arm around me pulling me into her even more. Her breathing was still slow and even, telling me she was still sleeping.

"Morning sleepyhead." I whispered to her and pecked her lips after the alarm had just gone off.

"How are you awake already?" She groaned while slowly opening her eyes. I just chuckled, burying my head into the crook of her neck. She squeezed me against her side for a few seconds, loosening her grip to get out of bed. She went to the bathroom and came back a few moments later, climbing back under the covers.

"Becs..as much as I love lying here with you, we have to get ready. Aubrey is going to kill us if we don't show up on time." I rolled my eyes and I could see the surprise about my words in Beca's eyes.

"Uhhh. Fine." She said while getting up and walking into the bathroom again to take a shower. While she was taking a shower, I picked out my clothes for the day. After Beca was done showering, I hopped in. She was blow-drying her hair while I was in the shower, shamelessly staring at me multiple times. I knew what she was thinking and I was flustered she still reacted this way after one year of being with me. As soon as I got out of the shower, I started doing my make-up.

Thirty minutes later, we had packed the last items from the bathroom into our suitcases and we were walking out of our hotel room. Beca was already standing in the hallway, but I looked back one more time to check if we had packed everything. I noticed Beca's songbook lying on the floor, opened. I went back to get it for her. It was still the same book she had had in college and there weren't many empty pages left. I picked it up and turned it around to close it, but I hesitated. I didn't recognize the page that was opened. I just read the title, feeling like an intruder in her privacy and closing it. '8 Letters.'

"Are you coming, babe?" I heard Beca asking from the hallway.

"I'm coming." I said loudly, got up and walked out the door, closing it behind me.

"Babe, you forgot your songbook in there. Here, I got it for you." I said while handing her the notebook.

"Oh my god! Thanks, babe." She stopped to give me a quick kiss, pressing the notebook to her chest with one hand.

We met Aubrey outside the hotel and got into the car that would take us to the airport. The flight would take an hour and ten minutes and we would get breakfast directly after. Beca had just gotten into her seat next to me when I couldn't hold back my curiosity anymore. I wanted to know more about the song I had seen in her songbook earlier.

"Becs?"

"Yes, babe?" She answered with a smile on her face.

"Can you tell me something?" I asked her, despite being a little nervous. I didn't want to seem too curious.