She looked away from me for a bit, biting her bottom lip. She furrowed her brow in concentration, watching the PowerPoint presentation Miss Artemis was explaining. She then turned back in my direction and gave me a solemn nod.

I grinned, resting back in my seat. She rolled her eyes and went back to focussing on the class.

When the bell rang, I walked over to her desk. She was completely focused on taking notes and didn't notice (or ignored me) until I cleared my throat and knocked on her desk.

"So...." I grinned, awkwardly scratching the back of my neck,"hi...."

"Hey," Annabeth replied, looking skeptically at me. She then put her pen down and sighed, turning her full attention onto me, "Can we talk?" she asked.

I nodded, hope building up in my chest," Yeah. Closet?"

She bit her lip and nodded, "yeah sounds good. Give me five minutes."

And I did.

I waited for her in the small closet. She knocked thrice before entering, shoving her body inside the tight space.

"First off, I just want to make an apology. I was super rude the other day...and yeah...I shouldn't have said that. You're a good friend,Percy. It's..just that I've missed you lately. And I hoped you'd trust me enough to just tell me that you didn't want to spend time with me. I wouldn't have bothered you then,"

I looked at her, shocked. She looked disappointed...but so strong at the same time. Her spine was straight as she looked into my eyes, as if trying to dissect me.

Did she really think I didn't want to talk to her? Heck! When all I wanted to do was give her a hug or just be close to her.

"Wise girl..," I stated, cupping her face with my palm, "I'm sorry. But I have never tried to avoid you in my life. The opposite basically. Something happened in my life recently which changed everything..."

At her sceptical look, I added, "And I intend to tell you about it. As soon as I fix it. That's a promise,"

The bell rang, signifying the next period. I continued hurriedly.

"You're one of the most important people in my life. And we've just reunited recently but still. I don't know if I can let you go now...and I promise not to. I'm so sorry that I made you feel that way. I promise I'll never do it again. On the River Styx," I chuckled, remembering our childhood promises with the phrase.

"Just...remember that. Okay?" I asked.

Unexpectedly, she gave me a violent hug, sending me practically crashing into the shelf behind me.

She nodded, a slight smile playing on her lips, "Thanks," she smiled widely, "You're my best friend, Percy

She nodded, a slight smile playing on her lips, "Thanks," she smiled widely, "You're my best friend, Percy. I don't want to lose you."