Chapter 4 - A Griever's Posion

It was the next morning and Aria was doing her job in the Med hut as Ben and Minho were about to head in the Maze. Aria goes to meet the two boys at the maze entrance. She hands them the bags she packed for them.

"Good luck boys and please be careful." Aria says

"Always. Do you have a crush on me or something?" Minho says while ruffling her hair

"Ignore him. We'll try. See you soon." Ben laughs as he hugs Aria. The two boys jog to the maze as Aria watches them.

---------------------------------------------------------

The day was slow and boring. Nothing new was happening anyways.

She attended to many wounded slicers and builders. Hardly ever trackhoes. She organized bottles and read some information from the medical book.

Alby was busy trying to find a job for Thomas. Finally, Thomas received the job as a Track hoe.

Thomas was very curious about being a runner, especially how the maze worked. He even told Aria about him wanting to be a runner at the bonfire.

A couple hours later, Aria heard yelling and walked out to see where the sound was coming from.

It was Thomas running from Ben. But Ben didn't look normal, he had a black tint in his eyes and his veins where a clouded black.

He was stung.

"BEN!" Aria shouted

Ben ignored her, he tackled Thomas in the Glade. Aria rushed and tried to pry off Ben from Thomas, which only caused Ben to shove Aria hard against a wall. She hit her head on the impact. Ben gets away from Thomas and wraps his hand tightly around her throat. She tries to pry off his hands but it was no use.

Her vision was spiraling. Thomas hits an object over Ben's head. Knocking him away from her. She saw Gally rushing his way over, along with other gladers. Dizziness came over her and then darkness.

The last thing she heard was Gally calling her name.

---------------------------------------------------------

Voices were coming around her. She knew who was speaking. But those voices were in a heated discussion.

"He needs to be banished! He could've killed her!" Gally yells

"Gally, calm down-"

"Don't tell me to calm down Minho! Yes, he was stung. But he could've caused more harm to her and that Greenie! How come you didn't check him before coming back to the Glade!?"

"I was trying to find him. But he took off before I could check!" Minho shouts

They end up bickering until Alby put a end to it.

"Enough. We'll leave him in the pit to have him banished by sundown tomorrow. I know Aria would want to be there to say goodbye or something. " Alby says

Alby placed a hand on Gally's shoulder

"She'll be okay, but you all better make sure she takes it easy. You know how she is." Alby says calmly

Gally's eyebrows furrowed in anger, almost glaring at Minho.

Alby leaves the hut and goes to take care of Ben while talking with the rest of the keepers. Gally stayed behind, going over to Aria and sitting next to her.

His fingers lightly stroking her hair. He takes a cloth of water and lightly wipes away the excess blood from her head.

She finally stirs awake. Aria's eyes adjust to the light, her head throbbed with pain. She looks to see a worried, angry Gally staring down at her.