Chapter 6 - Keeper Meeting

As the entrance doors open, Chuck and Newt were standing there looking for a sign of Thomas or Aria. When they see no sign of them. Newt pats Chuck's shoulder. Minho looks down in sorrow. Gally getting pissed and walking off.

"Sorry mate, no one survives a night in there." Newt says as he starts walking away.

Chuck sighs and then sees something. He gets excited as he shouts. Catching the boys attention

"There! They did it!" Chuck points

The boys look to see what Chuck was seeing and saw the 3 figures coming out the maze.

Aria, Thomas and Alby.

Aria and Thomas carry Alby all the way to the Glade. They lay his body down as the gladers surround them. The gladers were happy to see that Aria was back.

Newt hugged her tight while Minho ruffled her hair. Chuck hugging her as well. Frypan and Winston both pulling her into a group hug.

As the boys checked on Alby, Aria saw Gally standing there.

He made his way to her and he pulls her into a tight hug. Her arms wrap around his neck as she hugs back. His face buried into her neck.

This causes the gladers to stare at the two. Remember the bet? Well it's still happening and in motion.

Gally pulls away after a minute and he places a kiss on her forehead. His gaze meets hers

"This is why I didn't want you to becoming a runner." With that, he walks away to the meeting hut.

---------------------------------------------------------

Minho sent Aria and Thomas to the med hut to check for any injuries. Luckily, the injuries were minor.

"You have no idea how worried we were about you two." Jeff chuckles

"Yeah, we can't afford to lose our vest runner. Don't tell Minho I said that." Clint says.

"We won't" Thomas and Aria said As they were laughing.

---------------------------------------------------------

After being patched up, Minho has Aria and Thomas attend the keeper meeting. About Thomas breaking a rule and what happened that night.

As they entered everyone looked at them, Thomas sat in the front and Aria stood near the back. Gally's eyes never leaving her. Newt focuses the attention to him.

"As Alby's second command, I think we should ask what happened first. Aria, what happened in the Maze after Thomas went through?" Newt asked.

"Well, he helped me get Alby somewhere safe. We then had to get away from the Grievers. We encountered one but Thomas was able to kill it."

Hushed whispers filled the hut. Gally's eyes roll and he let's out a scoff. Aria notices and places a hand on her hip.

"Got something to say, Gally?" She asks.

"Yeah I do. You guys praise him for killing a Griever. Congratulations, but he still broke the rules. He can't just walk in and out the maze whenever he pleases." Gally says angrily.

"I didn't say that he didn't break a rule! He proven himself and I know how we should handle this." Aria says while looking for Minho's approval. As if their brains were connected, Minho nods his head.

"How?" Zart asks

"...Make Thomas a runner." Aria states.

The keepers start bickering and Newt stops the sudden eruption.

"Quiet! Thomas did break a rule. But I think we should, he helped save Aria and Alby. Thomas, starting tomorrow you are a runner. One night in the pit, no food." Newt states.

Gally gets angry and storms out. Frypan tries to stop him but Gally brushes him off.

"Relax Fry, he'll get over his tantrum." Aria says as she leaves the hut. Minho and Thomas follows as she leads them to the map room.

---------------------------------------------------------

While mapping out the section Thomas and Aria had discovered, a blaring horn sound runs through the Glade. Thomas looks at Minho and Aria perplexed.

"What's that sound?" Thomas asked

"That's the box" Minho said

"I thought it wasn't supposed to be up until next month?" Aria asks as the group went to the box.

They see Newt jump in, puzzled faces came from the gladers. Aria, Minho and Thomas make it there.

"What's going on?" Minho asks Newt

"A Greenie....and it's another girl." Newt says