Chapter 1: Close Call

Tw: Near-death incident (not sure if this is triggering might as well warn you guys) 
Writers Note: This chapter has been updated!

"Paimon come on! The view is amazing!"

The little fairy who calls herself Paimon floats on over to her friend.
 "hmp! Paimon is looking for good food, not good views!"

"Well, then you would be fine with me making Paimon Roast right?"

Lumine gives the little fairy a smug look which she doesn't seem to catch. Paimon turns to her friend with wide eyes, practically drooling everywhere! "Oooh, what's in it, what's in it!?"

"Its sticky honey, fresh mushrooms, and the best ingredient of all Paimon!"

Paimon's eyes shrink terrified and her jaw drops. "Paimon is not food! That's mean even for you!"

Lumine chuckles and turns back to the view, and takes a breath in enjoying the view. Its been too long since she had been able to take a break, Lumine sits down on the edge of the cliff and just stares. She stares off into the distance. She was enjoying herself.  

"Wahhh!! A hilichurl!"

Lumine jumps up and turns to face the pest. She draws her sword ready to battle but sees a massive mitachurl jumping towards her axe in hand. He hits the ground with his axe lighting the area with fire. The cliff starts to crack and Lumine dives to safety, but she doesn't make it. Now hanging on by one hand to what's left of the cliff. Her sword falls to the ground and she tries to withstand the fire the is burning her hand to ash. "Help!" 

"Someone please help!"

She calls out but no one can hear her. "Help..."

"Anyone..."

 Her hand slips and she falls. She can only hope that somehow she survives the fall, or that the archons decide to bless her. Cold air is rushing around her as she gets closer to the ground waiting to hit it.

But she doesn't.

Instead cold air that was surrounding her swiftly leaves with a comforting warmth. She feels calm and safe, she hadn't felt this feeling in so long. If this is what dying felt like she should've died sooner.

 "Ahem."

 Lumine opens her eyes slowly, she notices a figure above her, a person was holding her. She rubs her eyes and sees a young man with green hair, and beautiful amber eyes.

"Aehh! Sorry sorry!"Lumine jumps out of the young man's arms and buries her face into her hands embarrassed

Lumine jumps out of the young man's arms and buries her face into her hands embarrassed . "Holy shit. HOLY SHIT! I just got saved by like the MOST ATTRACTIVE MAN EVER. No,no,no he isn't that attractive. Right?" She looks up from her hands to see him staring arms crossed at her. She looks away quickly flustered. "Crap, he is attractive" she thought to herself. His fluffy hair, his tight shirt, his arms god he lifted her up so effortlessly, and those eyes. She could've sworn she was in love. "I um thank you for saving me." 

She says still looking away, but she doesn't get a response. She turns back to face him but he's gone. He left nothing but a light breeze behind. "LUMINE!"

"YOUR OKAY!"

Paimon comes flying over to Lumine clearly happy to see her. "I can't believe you survived that fall that was insane! I thought for sure you'd be injured if not dead!"

The golden haired girl looks at her friend confused. "But I didn't survive the fall I was saved?"

The fairy starts inspecting Lumine. "Maybe you did hit your head after all? We better get you checked out just to be sure."

Paimon grabs Lumine's hand and heads towards Liyue Harbor.

Writers Note: Jesus Christ this took a long time to rewrite. 1 of all the original was absolute dog shit so I had to rework the entire plot of this chapter. Secondly wattpad crashed on me when I was writing SO I HAD TO RESTART. it was not fun but it's here so that's great. Remember this chapter has been edit but some haven't so if the story doesn't line up that's why. XOXO- Lily