chapter 2

Becca

I got of my car to see Iasnã walking away from us.

I rub my forehead.
C. She'll be ok

Candy rubb my shoulder and I looked at her then to spot where Iasnã was walking

M. I don't think so.

My car door slammed shut...
F. Why she so moody anyway? She's always so closed off no emotion and then today out of nowhere she got pissed?

I stiffened and look at candy then to flow

M. Because while you where still trying to walk iansã was....well.... living  in hell
C. While we where all in our dream world's we left Iasnã on her own with mom we had no clue what was happening until that knock and that single phone call.

I looked out at the sky and flashes of unwanted imgaes came to mind. The hospital, police station, court, jail....

I stood

M. I'm going to get her.

I walk off leaving flow and candy and river in the car to get Iasnã.

I find her sitting on the floor dryer tears and my heart breaks her eyes are voyed and when people say the eyes our the windows to your soul I believe iansã has a, dark glow of something.

I. I'm fine quit worrying.

Her voice is flat no emotion closed off. I sigh and wait till she stands.

B. I'm never going to quit worrying about you iansã.
I. Look Becca I'm not some lost kid anymore and sure as hell ar'nt a child so just leave it.

She walks around me towards the cars and I follow.

We reach the cars and flow glares at iansã not that she noticed if she did she chose to ignore it.

She jumped into the driver seat, legs dangling, facing us

I. I thinking we drive until 11 and then stop for the night on the way I'm stopping at a gas station.

We all agreed flow not speaking and got in my car Becca joined leaving river and iansã in her car.

........

7 hours later

We pull up at an old run down motel in a small town, we get out of the cars all of us to tired and walk to the reception.

We book two rooms with a door in the middle so we can just walk from one room to the next.

I got get our bags and walk into the rooms 

Room 1

Room 2

Room 2

Shared bathroom

Shared bathroom

F. Why is one room so much better the the other.
B. Maybe because of money.
F. Well I bagsy the more modern one.

Everyone picked a room

We where all comfortable when the door opened and iansã walk in with Chinese.

B. Life saver
I. Yeah yeah.

We all got a box and I noticed iansã standing there.

I. So where am I then.

We all looked at her, then at each other then a soft sigh came from iansã I look over, guilt eating me, she rides her face then just walks to get her food only to sigh again grad her coat and walk into the other room.

Why didn't she pick something to eat?

I look at candy whos looking at flow and notice writing on the boxes.

Mine Becca
Candy
River
Flow and flow also had iasnã

Flow stops eating and looms at us mouth full of ramen

F.what!

We point to the box shes eating out of.

F. Yeah and?
C. That's iansã's food flow she got us all a box and your eating her's as well as your own.

Candy fiddels with her chop sticks before placing them in the box and standing up.

C. Why can't we all just be.... *Sigh* I'm going share with iansã.

She was all's out of the room river following leaving me with flow.

Her phone pings and the screen lights up. She types back before it starts to ring.

(Convo with flow)

F. Hey babe
...
F. Yeah...
Please suck at a rotten motel
Voice. I'd love to have you now.

That voice sounded familiar. My alert was on and I watched flow before she had chance I snatched the phone from her and notice

Smithy Baby

On the screen.
F. Hey give that back.

I hang up and look at flow.

M. Why
F. What
M. Why what
F. For gods sake Becca it's a call.
M. To someone that's ripped apart our family!

Flow goes to reply when she stops and noticed that candy and river where standing there.

F. What's so fucking bad I'm talking to my boyfriend.

Candy looks back into the old depressing room and we walk in.

Iansã sits in a char feet on the table bottle of whiskey and a cigerate in her fingers. She looks at us looking at her before placing the cigarette in her mouth in haling, holding it, stubbing it, and exhaling. Smoke fills around her.

I. Want to know why our family is so tourn and basically non existent.... Why I'm cut off.

Her head falls slightly back and we stay silent flow on the other hand...

F. Yes

Iansã take one more blow of the cigerate before putting it in the ash tray nodding her head for all of us to sit.

I.
   It started when I was 17, mom got breast cancer and needed chemotherapy we didn't have the money I was with her , candy and Becca where with well at the time boyfriends you and river where at dads.
Me and mom didn't have the money so I got a job... Payed for the bills, chemo, shopping. Everything was tight money, wise, then I met Josh Smith quarter back of the football team I was already friends with some of his mates but it was "love at first sight" I fell and fell hard he was amazing everything you want caring sweet. But it's bullshit. It changed April 13th Tuesday at 8 I finished my shift at the dinner and I went into the alley that was for works Josh was there drunk with some guys he.....he pinned me up and his mate got a blade and carved my stomach and chest like a pumpkin at Halloween.

Then he...... He rapped me didn't Matter how much I screamed for him or his mates to stop he never did or how much I screamed that night no one came after he beat me bloody.... I was found by a old women walking her dog and called the ambulance.

That guy you where sucking off was Josh Smith.