018 | Captain Peralta

"What do I stand for? What do I stand for?
Most nights, I don't know anymore"

"What do I stand for? What do I stand for?Most nights, I don't know anymore"

________________________

Gabriella was sitting on her desk on the opposite of Rosa while she did some paperwork. This time for real. Her homework was already finished so the Sergeant gave her some extra work. "I love paperwork, did you know that?", asked Gabriella her best friend sarcastic. "Oh of course I do. You tell me that everyday.", played Rosa along making the younger girl to giggle. "Stop being so sarcastic all the time.", said Terry. "Are you annoyed Sarge?", asked Gabriella turning her head towards Terry, giving him the soul crushing stare. "Of course not, I was just joking. Terry loves sarcasm!", said Terry nervously, earning a smile from the girl. "I was kidding. I will stop don't worry.", she said laughing. "Terry, do you notice anything?", asked Charles from across the room. Terry just shook his head. "Amy?", he tried and scoffed. "New shirt?", she asked pretending to be oblivious. Charles scoffed again turning his head towards Gabriella. "Gabby?" "New haircut?", asked the younger girl and rose an eyebrow.

"Oh come on, guys. I grew a goatee, and it looks amazing, and I know you can see it.", said the man finally annoyed by his colleagues' behavior. "Of course we can see it, Charles.", said Rosa and looked at Gabriella. "It's horrible.", she stated. "It looks like you unclogged a shower drain with your mouth.", chimed Gina from her desk making Gabriella to shake her head in agreement. "Yeah, you look like the guy in the "Don't Talk to Strangers" poster which scares Gabby.", stated Jake. "He's creeping me out!", shouted the girl over. "No I don't." "Yes you do!", argued Gabriella and went over to the older man. "Are you talking about your new goatee?", asked Holt as he came out of his office. "Mm-hmm." "I think it's a good choice for your face.", said Holt making Charles to smile grateful. "Come over here, so I can take a better look."

"Thank you, Captain. I knew you'd appreciate Bianca.", said Charles relieved and walked over. "That's right; I call her Bianca because she's dark and thick like my first cousin Bianca." "Terry, Jake, now.", shouted Gabriella to the two. Terry then grabbed Charles, making him to struggle against the stronger man. "Say goodbye to Bianca, Boyle.", said Jake turning on the shaver making Boyle to scream. "Finally they're shaving that off.", said Gabriella and rolled her eyes. "And that wasn't meant to be sarcastic!"

●●●

Gabriella sat in the break room, eating her bowl of cereal. She wasn't really in the mood to talk since she saw Josh and his girlfriend on the wedding a few weeks ago. It was really frustrating for her and the squad knew that so they tried their best to keep her away from that thought. "Joining us for lunch, sir?", asked Terry Holt as he entered. "Oh, no, I've already consumed the required calories for this day period." "Sounds yummy uncle Ray.", said Gabriella and stole a blueberry from Rosa's fruit salad. The older Latina just smiled at her friend's action and gave her the other blueberry. Gabriella threw it into the air and caught it in her mouth, earning a round of applause. "Thank you everyone. Thank you.", she said and bowed with a laugh. "But I do have a fun lunch chitchat.", said Holt, interrupting Gabriella's small funny victory.