008 | USPIS

"Together, I think that we can make it
Come on, let's run"

"Together, I think that we can make itCome on, let's run"

___________________________

Gabriella sat in the break room at the couch, finishing her history homework. Something she rarely enjoyed but did it anyways. Until Jake came in, so she decided to lay down her work for a little while.

"Guys, guys, guys, we missed Scully's birthday. And it was a big one.", he said stopping by the table. "I know. I panicked and said I had to go to the vet because my puppy-cat got sick.", said Amy. "I said I had to take my mom to get birth control pills.", said Charles. "That's better than my excuse. I said I had to go to my girls' bat mitzvahs.", explained Terry. "Squad, we missed Scully's birthday, and it was a big one. I told them I was in Ecuador. I think they bought it.", said Holt walking in, making Gabriella to giggle. "We gotta make it up to him.", said Gabriella while going back to her work. "Let's give him cash. Everyone, put in $20 each. Yes, I'll cover you.", said Holt to Jake. Everyone then looked at Gabriella. Rosa punched her arm, making her to look up. "Do I look like I have money?", she asked sarcastic. The squad kept looking at her. "Ugh fine. Here's my $10.", she said giving up her last money for lunch.

"Hey, Scully...we're sorry that we missed your party.", apologized Jake, handing the older man their gift. "Oh, don't worry about it. You all had stuff to do.", said Scully while taking the gift. "Yes, the capital of Ecuador is Quito.", said Holt. "Anyway happy birthday from all of us." "Thanks guys. You're the best.", said Scully with a smile. Everyone then said happy birthday and left. Except Gabriella. "I can't believe that the fake happy birthday worked!", said Gabriella to Scully. "You're a genius.", said Hitchcock while taking some money. "And here are your $30 Gabby. And thanks for playing along.", said Scully handing the younger girl her money. "Always a pleasure to work with you boys!"

●●●

"I'm running this Task Force, so everything goes through me. Got it? Good.", said Rosa at the morning briefing. Gabriella was also there. She should actually be in school but the mices came back so they had to close for another two weeks leaving the kids to do their homework at home. Well Gabriella at the precinct. "Jackson, some ecstasy was found on the F Train. Take it to the lab. Find out if it's Giggle Pig. Scully, Hitchcock, work your C.I.s. Miller, get a new K-9. That dog is an idiot.", ordered Rosa making the dog to whimper. Gabriella felt bad and pat it a little. "She doesn't mean it that way. You're a good boy, yes, you are!", she whispered in her baby voice while still patting the dog. Rosa rolled her eyes at Gabriella's action. "All right, move out.", she said.

"Hey. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry I'm late.", said Jake walking in. "I had to go back to the Deli and return my everything bagel. In what world does "everything" not include beef jerky?", he asked. "All of them.", said Gabriella smirking. Jake just looked at her as if she was a lunatic. "Have you ever tried it?", he asked. "No. And I never will.", she answered and crossed her arms. "Here's what's up.", began Rosa and broke up the conversation between her friends. "Task Force brought in a Giggle Pig dealer this morning." "Nice.", said Jake and smiled. "Second guy we've brought in that's had one of these keys.", said Rosa and handed out the key to Jake, Gabriella and Charles. "My best guess, this opens a creepy, old wardrobe/portal to an enchanted land full of talking toads and fairy folk.", said Jake making Boyle automatically to write everything down. "You've obviously watched Narnia way too much Jakey.", commented the younger detective in training bursting Jake's bubble a tiny bit.